8-10 Weeks for New Order

cleveland_c4

Apr 26, 2002
.647 Lift St.
Well, since I finally decided on what exact options I wanted my 05 GT in I went to the dealer to place my order for a Redfire Red stang yesterday. Just as the title reads, its an 8-10 week wait for dealer delivery of my car. Hopefully this isnt the case for all dealers but it sure is that way for Bay Area dealers. I couldnt pass on the X-Plan either, $27417.87 for a fully loaded GT minus the Side Impact Airbags and Wheel Locks aint bad. By the By, there was a $1000 deposit to place the order. :banana:

-Dan

• Sponsors (?)

That seems to be the case all over Cali...the long wait. But apparently they will have GTs for sell before you get your order in. Its taking that long because you ordered it. It would be faster if you bought one that they are already getting in, if you are lucky enough to find one that is what you wanted already. Downside is if it wasnt ordered you will be paying what ever incredibly highly jacked up price they are asking for, unless you can find a dealer that is willing to honor an X plan on one of those, which most of them are not willing to because they can make more selling it at sticker and they will sell it. But I would also check into that price you were qouted. Seems high. I purchased my GT fully loaded as well at A plan for $24098.11 and the X plan cost would be $25212.03 because the invoice is only $25122.11 and the retail is $27230. Not sure if it would be different up there because I am in So Cal but I dont see why it would be that big of a difference if any. Sounds like they are trying to screw you. Good luck.

oredered mine too

cleveland_c4 said:
Well, since I finally decided on what exact options I wanted my 05 GT in I went to the dealer to place my order for a Redfire Red stang yesterday. Just as the title reads, its an 8-10 week wait for dealer delivery of my car. Hopefully this isnt the case for all dealers but it sure is that way for Bay Area dealers. I couldnt pass on the X-Plan either, $27417.87 for a fully loaded GT minus the Side Impact Airbags and Wheel Locks aint bad. By the By, there was a $1000 deposit to place the order. :banana:

-Dan
OK, ordered mine at the beginning of the week. Was told the same but to be honest if it's here before Christms I'll be surprised. More realistic is after the first of the year. Got a decent deal. fully loaded Satin Silver GT for 26,8K. Invoice plus 5% on a local govt. plan here in Colorado.

Yeah I ordered mine on 10/8 all aptions expect for the air bags and wheel locks. price was 26205 and that was just $50 over dealer invoice plus $139 admin fee.I put $500 deposit. I ordered the mineral gray, I cant wait I am selling my 02 Wrx so I can go back to mustangs! This is my first post here,so "whats up" to all that are on here! :banana:

rrobello said:
That seems to be the case all over Cali...the long wait. But apparently they will have GTs for sell before you get your order in. Its taking that long because you ordered it. It would be faster if you bought one that they are already getting in, if you are lucky enough to find one that is what you wanted already. Downside is if it wasnt ordered you will be paying what ever incredibly highly jacked up price they are asking for, unless you can find a dealer that is willing to honor an X plan on one of those, which most of them are not willing to because they can make more selling it at sticker and they will sell it. But I would also check into that price you were qouted. Seems high. I purchased my GT fully loaded as well at A plan for $24098.11 and the X plan cost would be $25212.03 because the invoice is only $25122.11 and the retail is $27230. Not sure if it would be different up there because I am in So Cal but I dont see why it would be that big of a difference if any. Sounds like they are trying to screw you. Good luck.

Dealer invoice on my vehicle was $27312.11 according to the paperwork supplied by the salesman. Retail would have been $29695. I actually am a legit X plan too since Im a friend of the family who kinda owns the dealership. A/Z/D plans would have been priced at $26219.11 but there would be no chance at that for me.

BTW, dealer invoice on the Premium GT is $23489.

I would have loved it if the Redfire Red GT I wanted was coming into the inventory in the near future but only the silver, grey and black were going to show up.