Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure it comes with the box that you wear on your head.
Madmike have to supply his own.
Herein lies the misconstrued reason for the box.

You only need to wear the box when the PAINTER keeps wanting to take pictures of you in compromised, slouching positions, dressed in filthy clothes, covered in sweat.

Now if you don't mind looking like Smeagol in Dave's "Lord of the Rings fan club" photo album,....by all means,...skip the box.

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Herein lies the misconstrued reason for the box.

You only need to wear the box when the PAINTER keeps wanting to take pictures of you in compromised, slouching positions, dressed in filthy clothes, covered in sweat.

Now if you don't mind looking like Smeagol in Dave's "Lord of the Rings fan club" photo album,....by all means,...skip the box.
I like wearing my box, siting on the patio in the mornings drinking my coffee and waving at the neighbors as they drive by in their econoboxes and suvs they can't afford as they travel to their meaningless jobs making substandard wages.
Besides, the neighborhood kids think I'm crazy and stay off my lawn.

Reactions: 1 users
Alright, a little drama on the other thread. This may make things much more interesting over here though.

Wouldn't a 408 look much better in that engine bay than a 302?

That said, i need to consider the transmission. I want a manual. There, now you know all of my current plans for a transmission to go behind the 408. Feel free to offer guidance here.

If money were to start falling out of my butt I would like a T56.

If not budget limited-T56 Magnum version
If slightly a concern-Liberty Gear modified TKO600-option for T56 also
If more limited-standard TKO600
If even more limited-TKO500(longevity will be an issue)
If more limited than that-Automatic lol. Standard T5 or equivalent will grenade.

Reactions: 1 user
Are all of doby's goodies coming over here?
You bet Clay! I dreamed of a far off land where Roby could have the 408, but that was the same land of expensive sht that my wife lives in, so, a mild 302.

I'm going to get a custom grind for the cam in it though as a slight change. I don't know how my brother convinced me a TF stage II cam was the way to go. I would change out the GT40x heads too, but i'm still waiting for the old butt to start flushing money for that one:eek:. I would almost be a whore for Tony over at AFR for a set of his 165 or 185 heads......almost.......:oops:.

I might even go so far as to make Maximum Motorsports close friends as well. I'm trying to figure out how to end up with a front end from them. If it weren't for the whole "we have to be payed before we ship sir" thing with them I'd have a really btchin front end.

Reactions: 4 users
Making plans for the week. Y'all are going to see me work on the Doby a little bit this week.

Tomorrow I'll be painting her hatch (well, the jambs at least). Probably the spoiler as well. I'll finally paint the front bumper.

Roby you ask, i'll get the driver's door this week finally. I'm serious this time.

So I'll be shooting red and blue this week.

Hell Dave,...you want to be able to just sleep like me. I typically make it till 6-6:30 AM after going to bed most nights by 10:30.
That would give you an extra 3 or more hours of extra sleep. In the grand scheme of things on a Sunday,.......6:30 is still too damn early.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.