Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Check out fordstrkers.com Woody had a carb to pan complete 408 option for around 7500$ complete with good heads,cam,etc etc. he also has a layaway plan. 500+ hp/tq turnkey is a nice option.

If you buy one locally I would expect around 2k invested by the time you purchase,machine work,rotating assembly,etc. for the shortblock. A good head option also would be the TFS 205cc 11r's for around 2k

Edit: costs have gone up since I last looked on his site. Lol. Didn't see the turnkey option anymore and the longblock costs around 9k. Ouch.
Edit x2- that's for the dart option. Don't see the production block option.
And a FYI the 351 roller blocks have had a problem with cracks around the cam journals. Make sure you have a used one tested before final purchase.
Woody doesn't list stock block stuff anymore because the core supply these days is :poo:. 351 blocks have been out of production since 97, 302s since 01, and the recyclers I would bet aren't gentle.

Not just a sbf problem either, the other guys older v8's have the same problem.

He does offer a build it yourself kit though that has everything but the block, and I think he still does stock blocks ad long as the customer supplies the core.

It's always the voice of reason that over rules the desire to spend stupid money.
esp-b11012060_w.jpg

An Eagle forged 408 recip assy that will fit into any garden variety stock block comes complete w/ everything pictured for 1929.00

ESP-15000030_xl.jpg

Or, when talking naturally aspirated,...The cast crank/ forged piston/I beam rod version is 1259.00. (My favorite)

A N/A 408 will be stupid reliable, make every bit of 500/500 w/ the right heads and cam, be capable of on the edge of block integrity 750 HP.

Either way they're a balanced assy, so the balance comes off of the machine bill. The rods are included so the rebuild of the rods come off of the bill as well. New crank,..no need to turn the old one. The only machine bill remaining is the cleaning, the bore and hone, and decking.
With the bottom option, you'd have the whole short block sitting there done for 2k.

Reactions: 4 users
When do you think you'll bring the car/shell home?

Cant remember-did you already score a deck lid?

Do you already have the passenger door?
Hey guys, didn't mean to be short with y'all. I was between coats on a side job I was doing tonight.

I'll always whore my pictures given the chance, so I don't mind showing them again.

As for it coming home, ideally it'll still be about three months. I say "ideally" with the thought in mind that work is finally picking up again.

I'll have the need for about a thousand dollars in parts that I will immediately be putting on the car upon arrival in my garage. When I have those parts, the car comes home.

Over the weekend I got Doby's rearend back under her. I have figured out a way to bolt on a couple chunks of 4x4 so the body can rest on them. Meaning I can move it. Tomorrow I'm going to see how much more it is for a storage unit about twice the size of what I currently have.

I just can't store Doby at my friends. It would be under a shelter, but I would rather it be protected from all of the elements.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, didn't mean to be short with y'all. I was between coats on a side job I was doing tonight.

I'll always whore my pictures given the chance, so I don't mind showing them again.

As for it coming home, ideally it'll still be about three months. I say "ideally" with the thought in mind that work is finally picking up again.

I'll have the need for about a thousand dollars in parts that I will immediately be putting on the car upon arrival in my garage. When I have those parts, the car comes home.

Over the weekend I got Doby's rearend back under her. I have figured out a way to bolt on a couple chunks of 4x4 so the body can rest on them. Meaning I can move it. Tomorrow I'm going to see how much more it is for a storage unit about twice the size of what I currently have.

I just can't store Doby at my friends. It would be under a shelter, but I would rather it be protected from all of the elements.

It just kills me that you are painting the car this way. I thought that a metallic paint w/all the variables between lot numbers, mixing intervals, temperature and humidity, would be all kinds of "no-no" when it comes to painting all of these parts separate over this great an interval.

Tell us Great OZ of paint....how are you not worried yourself?

It just kills me that you are painting the car this way. I thought that a metallic paint w/all the variables between lot numbers, mixing intervals, temperature and humidity, would be all kinds of "no-no" when it comes to painting all of these parts separate over this great an interval.

lol, i just asked something similar in the 101 thread

I have enough paint already mixed to spray the entire vehicle.

The temperature would be a problem if I were to shoot at widely seperate temps. Such as 75 and then 100. Five degrees or so won't have any effect.

Humidity would be relevant for the amount of time I take between coats to allow the paint to dry. With a booth it's not such an issue. The constant air flow will wick away the solvents fairly quick even on damp days. I just don't shoot the next coat until the previous is dry.

So the big issue would be the paint. Non issue for me though.

At most if I see a difference between panels it will be do to orange peel differences. Buff that problem away.

Another problem, of course, could come from UV fading, the parts are in nice dark dry storage. Think I'm ok there.

I believe I'll be good, we'll see. Hopefully I'm right.:scratch:

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.