Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Things are getting better y'all. I just have to finish that freaking Impala and Roby will get his deserved attention.

I appreciate the fact that I have it and how it helps to catch my bills up.

But.....in secret......I want to be WORKING ON MY OWN DAMN CAR!!!

Reactions: 4 users
I will begin the sandblasting stage on my ugly little ten hole wheels soon though. So I will update this with something positive soon.

Here,..let me contribute this:

A storage vessel for your pre-sandblasted 10 holes..

k0263985.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Hey,
I tried finding the foam pieces you reference, but classicautoair.com only goes from '64 to '73. Is that the right url where your got your kit?

Thanks.
The kit I got was for '86-up, they didn't have one for the earlier fox bodies at the time. Let me see if I can find the receipt for it. I got it a couple years ago.

Here you go, this is what I can tell you.
IMG_0670.JPG

Send Mike an email (if he still works there), or look on ebay. That's how i found this kit.

Last edited:
The kit I got was for '86-up, they didn't have one for the earlier fox bodies at the time. Let me see if I can find the receipt for it. I got it a couple years ago.

Here you go, this is what I can tell you.

Send Mike an email (if he still works there), or look on ebay. That's how i found this kit.

Thanks a lot, that's helpful. Hopefully they have that same kit. The foam pieces you showed definitely APPEAR to be the same sizes that my 82 has. I'll reach out to them.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel ya Dave. I ran tight on money and free time to finish the 347 assembly and install. Its wrapped up hanging out in the garage. On the plus side, my three month old daughter is currently sleeping on me while sucking her thumb. I was a thumb sucker, so I cant hate. And yes, I know it will take $10K later in life to fix her F'ed up teeth, but shes too damn cute to care about that right now.

Reactions: 3 users
I feel ya Dave. I ran tight on money and free time to finish the 347 assembly and install. Its wrapped up hanging out in the garage. On the plus side, my three month old daughter is currently sleeping on me while sucking her thumb. I was a thumb sucker, so I cant hate. And yes, I know it will take $10K later in life to fix her F'ed up teeth, but shes too damn cute to care about that right now.
Oh yeah Nick, those were the best times ever for me. All the way to about eleven years old. Kids are easily the best thing ever.

Both my girls, when they hit their teenage years were (and still is in the case of my youngest) very challenging.

Bright side, my older girl, who is now 28 seems to just enjoy me when we're together. She's a sweetheart that must have been a pod person from about 14-17 years old:eek:

Hold on to those moments and keep them deep inside you. Then when the teen freak sht happens, remember them over and over again. They become precious again once they get past the dipsht years.

I'm not terribly far to getting seriously back on Roby. Still though, about two months, it feels like forever at times. New floorpans, SFCs, ladder bracing, torque box reinforcements, eb smoothing are all coming soon. Which means, I guess, I'll have to bring it home.:rock:

Reactions: 1 user
How in the hell do you know that her teeth will be f'd up? What are you, some sort of dental psychic?

Status
Not open for further replies.