93: Baer Brakes & Saleen Wheel Q's

I have a 93 GT and am going to do a 5-lug swap with a baer brake kit. The kit is used and comes with 96 front spindles. My question was that I have a set of 97 Saleen wheels, 18 x 8.5 with 30mm front offset and 10mm rear offset, and wanted to know if they would work. I am not sure about offsets and backspacing but I have been searching. I need some advice on tire sizes (perf. BF Drag Radials) and how much I could lower the car with coilovers?

• Sponsors (?)

96 spindles aren't the most favorable since they pop out the front track. However, since you are running a 8.5 wheel it shouldn't be a terrible problem. Also, w/ a 9" wheel a slight spacer is usually required to clear the coil over. Again, since you have a 8.5 it shouldn't be a terrible issue. All together it should work but I would switch to the 94/95 spindle in case you ever want to switch wheels in the future. Also, if they are true saleen wheels the offsets may be staggered. If they are then you will more than likely have to run a stock rear track width. The Baer widens the rear track width .20" on each side. This may create a problem for you depending on what size tire you want to run. At worst you may have to roll the rear fender lip.