94/95 Matser cylinder and booster

i bought a 94/95 Matser cylinder and booster on ebay for my swap. should i swap the booster or is the stock sufficent? also this i my parts list am i missing anything?

-99 cobra wheels
-98 GT front spinlde hub/ brake assembly
-94/95 Master cylinder and booster
-wilwood proportioning valve
-96 GT rear discs, calipers, brackets, splash shields, axles shafts
-3.73 ring and pinion
-pads
-FRPP m2450a prop valve plug

things i havent bought yet:
-rear end install kit
-fluids
-traction lock rebuild
-rear brake hoses

is there anything that i still need and have over looked?

• Sponsors (?)

Def do the swap. Pedal feel is awesome with it in. Its a PITA to install but well worth it. I know a few guys who had a problem w/ a hard pedal w/o the swap.
youjust have to oblong the holes a bit no need to mash the sh.i.t out of your inner well

definitely swap the booster, you can get away with the stocker, but your much better off w/ at least a 94/95. in order to install it, just elongate the Upper passenger side hole (out of the four---i think) downward, then you wont have to mangle your strut tower.

You'll either need sn95 ball joints or a .330 spacer for each side. You can stack washers to make the .330. I did mine that way at first, but ended up just getting '94-'95 ball joints. It didn't make much difference, but I slept better knowing it was done right. Also, don't forget new copper or aluminum crush washers for your brake lines. If you reuse the old coppers, they could leak. New cotter pins are always much easier to install than old mangled ones. That's all I can think of right now.

I'm assuming that you already know you're likely to have some clearance issues in the front using '98 spindles on your "smaller than later model fox body" wheel openings. Heck, I had some issues even using the '95 spindles on my '93 GT with the bigger openings than an '88. Uh......Rack limiters. You're gonna need at least four rack limiters. Two per side. They're cheap. Good luck with your install!

hey
Im currently in the middle of my sn95 brake swap. If you are using the stock rear axle hardlines you will need an adapter for both sides. If you are using the 98 soft lines up front you will need an adapter for the passenger side. Sorry i dont know the exacts on the adapters, but matt sells them and thats where i got mine from. Also you didnt mention if you are using your ebrake or not. If you are you will need two FMS M-2809-A cables and one FMS M-2810A cable; summit sells them. I also assume you know about the three to two port conversion you will have to do on the sn95 master cylinder.

I kept my rear axle when I did my 5 lug swap, so I can't speak for the rear brake lines. Up front, you cannot connect the '98 soft lines to your hard lines without an adapter. You CAN reuse the fox soft lines, though, Just use the '98 banjo bolt to connect your fox soft lines to the '98 calipers. You will likely need to d a little grinding on the passenger side caliper. There's a metal tab that juts out, forcing the soft line to only go on the caliper one way. Turns out, that "one way" will cause the brake line to scrub the tire. Just grind off that tab and attach the line in the best position to avoid rubbing. My fox soft lines were a little sketchy, and the sn95 lines had been cut in half by the wrecking yard, so I just got stainless steel braided lines. If you get the kind with the round banjo end and not the block type, they'll bolt right up with no modifications to anything at all.

It's just a little ditty that converts metric threads to sae. If I remember correctly, 87-93 hard lines have a standard thread on the end. Sn95 soft lines have metric. I could have that backwards though. :shrug: Maybe someone else will post. I'm not trying to talk you into just using your fox soft lines, but why don't you just use your fox soft lines? :damnit: It's free and easy and you don't have to wait around for parts to show up at your doorstep. :D It's not like the sn95 soft lines are an upgrade over your fox ones. :rolleyes: They are the same crappy rubber lines. :chair:

As I said, I don't know about how you would go about converting the rear lines. I kept my fox body rear end and changed to ranger axles. The fox lines will work on the front if you do the mods to your calipers that I suggested earlier.