A few questions (Vortech related)

BigDave06

May 22, 2007
Felton, DE
On Friday the 18th I have an appointment to get my Vortech V1 put on :nice:

I have a few questions.. I ordered a 3.33" pulley instead of the 3.6 but i don't have an intercooler, will this be safe? I want to make ~360-370whp. I have pieced this kit together myself.. I plan on getting an intercooler in the future but I drive this car daily and need to be safe, I will be getting dyno tuned. What do you think?

Also.. Do I need a new IAT sensor? I never read anything about this or researched in when i built my materials list. What is its function?

Thanks, Dave

• Sponsors (?)

On Friday the 18th I have an appointment to get my Vortech V1 put on :nice:

I have a few questions.. I ordered a 3.33" pulley instead of the 3.6 but i don't have an intercooler, will this be safe? I want to make ~360-370whp. I have pieced this kit together myself.. I plan on getting an intercooler in the future but I drive this car daily and need to be safe, I will be getting dyno tuned. What do you think?

Also.. Do I need a new IAT sensor? I never read anything about this or researched in when i built my materials list. What is its function?

Thanks, Dave

You need an intercooler to run that pulley safely or they are going to have pull alot of timing. If you drive the car daily even more so you need an intercooler. I also drive my car daily (as long as its noice out) and I noticed that my car ran hotter under normal driving conditions before I got my IC.

You need and IAT (Intake Air Temp) sensor, it is a sensor that measures, you gussed it the air temps in your intake. If they get to high the computer can pull automatically.

I don't know if anyone can see enough in this picture to know if the pulleys are stock because i bought this car with them on it and someone told me I had some under drives and some stock. If so how much boost loss will I see?

Mustang1030.jpg

Attachments

• Mustang1030.jpg
    Mustang1030.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 78
IAT sensor @ autozone is 15 bucks..

I think I got f**ked then. LOL Maybe Im thinking of something else I bought fromford that was expensive.

As for the UD pullies you would almost have to pul them and measure them or look for a brand stamped on them. If some are UD pullies it wil hurt you quite a bit, do to them pretty much killing your boost.

What type of dyno are you going on? A Mustang dyno will give a lower reading compared to a dynojet usually 20-30rwh difference. It might be more I can't remember.

BigDave: those are steeda UDP's - for sure the water pump and crank pulleys are, most likely so is the alt pulley (it comes in the set) but some people don't put them on so it might not be (again it PROBABLY IS a UDP). You'll lose 1-2lbs of boost, or maybe a bit more. You can buy a stock crank pulley for cheap if you can find one on some forums or ebay or something, otherwise expect to pay quite a bit from Ford.

OH yeah and on a 3.6" pulley, MPH 4" power pipe, o/r x pipe, and magnaflow catback I made 364hp/357tq :) I would run the 3.33" pulley...I made 423hp/408tq with a 3.33" pulley, long tube headers, o/r x pipe, borla catback, and mph 4" boost pipe. :D