A/X/Z plans...

mustang_00

Oct 24, 2004
i read a post on this site a while back with a website on information about the plans but i can't find it. pretty much said who's eliagible, i tried doing a search with no luck...

i came across some info on ford.com but it doesn't help. it says: The AXZ Plan is an offer for Ford Motor Company employees, retirees, their friends , and their families to purchase discounted vehicles.

The following groups are eligible:
• Full-time, active employees or retirees
• Spouses of employees
• Parents of employees
• Employee spouse's parents
• Sons and daughters of employees (including in-laws and stepchildren)
• Brothers and sisters of employees (including in-laws, half, and step)
• Grandchildren of employees

i see nothing mentioned for the alleged "friends" so is this info crap i just need something in writing explaining the plans my dad thinks i'm joking around when i mention that almost everyone on this board with an 05 got it with some sort of plan. i even asked the same dealer we got the other 2 from and he got quite then bluntly changed the subject by saying "the key also rolls the windows down from the outside" and naturally like little monkeys my dad and i had this look of amazement when they infact rolled down haha j/k. it turns out my mom's friend owns my ford dealership that's why i'm mainly interested to see if the friends part of the plan is true or not it's just i don't know how to go a long asking about the plan with him. the owner helped us out with the 2nd mustang with a little cheaper payments.

• Sponsors (?)

X Plan Eligibility

Who's Eligible?

Customers are eligible for the X-Plan if they were identified and sponsored, by a Ford Motor Company employee or retiree, before visiting a dealership.

Who's Not?

· Government employees and officials whose use of the Plan may be construed as influencing a public official.

· Employees of Ford, Lincoln-Mercury, Jaguar, Mazda, Land Rover, or Volvo dealerships.

Anyone who has discussed a retail purchase of a vehicle, with a dealer, prior to applying for an X Plan.

Appropriate X-Plan Use

Employees and Retirees must consider the following before sponsoring an X-Plan purchase.

It is in direct violation of the program rules to provide PINs to a dealership employee or to customers referred to the Sponsor by a dealership employee. In addition, accepting money or gifts in connection with providing someone a PIN is strictly prohibited. Violations of these rules will result in suspension of A/Z and X-Plan eligibility and may result in termination of employment with the Company.

Sponsors are responsible for managing their PIN allocation and making sure the customers they sponsor follow the rules. If a customer fails to follow the rules (including titling and length of ownership requirements), the Sponsor's Plan eligibility is at risk. Therefore, if Sponsors cannot answer all of the following questions, as indicated, it is advised that they do not sponsor the customer:

· Is the customer someone you feel you know and can trust? YES

· Is this customer a dealership employee? NO

· Did a dealership employee refer this customer to you? NO

· Are you receiving or being offered cash or gifts to sponsor this customer? NO

· Is this customer a government employee or official whose use of the Plan may be construed as influencing a public official? NO

· Is this customer considering purchasing a competitor's product? YES

mustang_00 said:
i see nothing mentioned for the alleged "friends" so is this info crap i just need something in writing explaining the plans my dad thinks i'm joking around when i mention that almost everyone on this board with an 05 got it with some sort of plan.

This is one of those things that if you are eligible, you know all you need to know. In other words, if you are not eligble, then Ford isn't going to bother to put anything in writing for you.

There is a special promotion going on right now within Ford. A couple of weeks ago, 200,000 eligable Ford employees were notified of this promotion were they can "sell" eight Ford vehicles with combinations of A-plan (Z-plan for retires) and X-plan to both friends and family. If they reach the eight, they will get a special (toy) GT car personally signed by Bill Ford.

Ford is hoping to sell a total of 300,000 vehicles through their employees. And, I guess, a sale is a sale regardless of price plan.

If you want to get in on this, you need to make friends with a particapating Ford employee. :D

For more info, check out Ford Employee Network or Ford Partner Recognition Program.

The thing is... X-plan just eliminates the need to haggle over price. If your mom has a friend that owns a dealership, he CAN give you a better price than x-plan. I think A-plan is 3% below dealer invoice and x-plan is 4% over a-plan price, plus $250 (or some stupid crap like that). So it really doesn't save you any money, just the hassle over price. If you don't mind arguing over a couple hundred dollars for a few hours, then you can get a better price than x-plan, it's called invoice.

All I know is I ordered my 05 on Xplan. I get xplan from my company because they buy their fleet vehicles from Ford so all our employees get xplan. My 05 prices are MSRP 26k and my xplan price is 24k, which amounts to a little over invoice!! Thats whats on the paperwork I got with all the numbers.

Silver 4.6 - I wasn't asking if I can transfer the PIN. My friend can get a PIN through the Ford Partners Recognition Program. He doesn't work for Ford, but his company is affiliated w/them. I wanted to see if he can get me a PIN. From the research I did, it doesn't seem like he can. Ford Partners can transfer PINs to spouses, no one else. It seems like Ford employees can share PINs.

tdaily2, I sent you an email in response to your post.

05PhillyStang said:
Can someone who is elegible for x-plan pricing give his PIN to a friend?

Sure. However, their friend has to buy and register the car in original PIN-owner's name. If they're OK with that, there should not be a problem. :D

The dealer is responsible to verify that the buyer's name (and place of current employment) matches up with that on the PIN at time of purchase. Matter of fact, things have gotten a bit tighter since I bought mine two years ago. Business Cards are no longer acceptable as proof of employer.

i have had a few people e-mail for a x-pin. there is a few things that i will need to get the pin to you.
1 last 4 of your ssn#
2 full first and last name
3 your full add
4 and your e-mail
there is no other way to send out the pin. i do not have a problem getting the pin out to you just info Ford needs so the dlr not not use it more then one time.

My wife's grandpa retired from Ford. He has since passed away, but her grandma is still living. So, my wife is eligible for the Z-plan. My question is, my dad would like to buy a new Mustang, can he get the z-plan form my wife's grandma or can he only get the x-plan from her?

Ok, I have an even stranger request. I just started up my own company and in a couple of years plan on buying a car through the company. In other words, the company will pay for the car. Can I use the A plan in a situation like this or will I have to buy it myself and then transfer ownership over to the company?

EDIT: I doubt that anyone else there will need this info but google is my friend :D I have to buy it myself, keep it 6 months and then I can 'sell' it to my company.