Am I loosing my F...ing mind

I like the car overall except for the stripe...it's definitely over priced but you also save time and effort in doing the work yourself so worth is all in how you look at it. Personally i would rather have a $1000 fox roller and put $12k into it myself, but i enjoy the work as much as i enjoy the drive so that's just me.

+1 on the 1,000$ roller with 12,000$ into it:nice: :nice: :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I think asthetically it will be a tough sell without some loss if you turn around to sell it.

You COULD NOT build that car for 13k if you started from scratch, did it right and bought everything NEW. Not this ' I can throw a car together for $xx.xx with used parts crap'.

I know this, because after tallying up all my spreadsheets and even my CHEAP price I got my SN95 at, I am already over 14k in total cost; and I do ALL the wrenching myself sans paint and tune. Stuff adds up fast. I however think/know I would loose my ass selling it, as I doubt I could get much over 10 or around it just becuase of its milage. That seems to be the cap on these cars or so it seems.

I am assuming, including cost of car, paint, parts and any install/tune fee's he has close to or right at 20k in that car.

If it is worth it to you, buy it. If you are looking to sell it again, either get him down or risk taking an approximate/estimated 3-4k loss. Then again, its up to the buyer.

Just my $.02 worth

12k will go a lot further on a Fox, since you can find a decent car for well under 1k bucks. You won't be able to buy everything new, but that doesn't mean that used parts can't look good or that they won't perform just as well as new parts. You just have to be creative and it helps if you have some hook ups on paint and help from friends.

If you build a car, that is done RIGHT and made to be something REALLY nice, you won't use used stuff unless its some rare nonware item. Even still, if I had a super nice car, I wouldn't be doing it. I've been down that road and it always cost 2x as much in the end, when you spend big $ for the good, correct parts.

My sn95 was $2300 and pretty beat lookin. Not out of fox territory by a longshot.

Like what HankyGT said...you couldnt build it for that, but is that how you'd build it???

Id personally (as well as many others i assume) would rather have Hankys car over that thing (based on his sig pic alone).

that color is just gawdy and obnoxoius

I dunno man, i guess "right" is different from one person to the next.

Here's my buddy's car...it's about 90% used down to the 347 block and rotating assembly. It's clean enough to eat off of and he doesn't have $1500 into the entire engine.

View attachment 326968

Now think of how good that could look with a 12k budget. Actually i take it back, he did buy the heads new and it's got a custom cam, so it's got about 3k into the whole engine. Still, good heads can be had for half of what he paid, he just couldn't find what he wanted.

Well since it was going to be my daily driver I decided against it. I was going to buy an 03 saleen but gas prices are killer. So I just happened to buy a fully loaded 350Z with navigation. Got to say it will throw you back in your seat!

Well since it was going to be my daily driver I decided against it. I was going to buy an 03 saleen but gas prices are killer. So I just happened to buy a fully loaded 350Z with navigation. Got to say it will throw you back in your seat!

since when does a 350z throw you back in your seat? i was ready to take a nap when i drove the ones i did

I was kind of thinking the same thing.. also, with your imressive lineup of cars it doesnt seem you would be too interested in what gas prices were doing.. I only wish I had half the cars you do mustang90!