Am I the only one who thinks this is STUPID?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38176
  • Start date
  • Sponsors (?)

dont forget about these guys either...
stretchgonebad.jpg

this thread reminds me of another ridiculous ricer thing. what is up with the outer lip of the rim sticking out way way past the tires. i was fliping through a ricer magazine the other day and this really expensive high hp 350 z had some orange painted rims that stuck out like at least a good inch past the tire i dont get it haha. i'll see if i can find some pics

this thread reminds me of another ridiculous ricer thing. what is up with the outer lip of the rim sticking out way way past the tires. i was fliping through a ricer magazine the other day and this really expensive high hp 350 z had some orange painted rims that stuck out like at least a good inch past the tire i dont get it haha. i'll see if i can find some pics

That's called "Stretch and Poke", and it's huge in Japan, and in the minds of the kids in America who think they are in Japan. They try to put a 205 tire on a 9" wide rim with a ton of offset on purpose, and pretty much HAVE to set the camber way negative so the tires BARELY tuck into the fenders. I've seen it on a few BMWs around me, and just laugh so hard when I see them driving on crappy Michigan roads, bouncing along in their seats. I just saw this happening a few days ago, and the guy was clutching his steering wheel to keep himself in his seat. His girlfriend didn't look too enthused either.

Here they are installing a 225/40 tire on a 10.5" wide rim.

The sad thing is, THIS is an all-to-common method to install such a retarded combination. I've done it on my own pair of 44" bogger tires, but NEVER on something so small.

I've seen a few videos of where the fire gets excessive after the mount, or the tire just explodes from the rim, typically leaving the beads of rubber around the inside of the rim. Serves them right!

:shrug: I actually kinda dig it...

... then I woke up... that's hideous. I dont give a damn if its bagged!! If he is bagged he's a ***got for not finishing the job and laying that nasty jewel flat on the ground.

I used to have a clean bagged '93 S10 and I never got into it much after I went to the trouble to build it. A minitruck is the only thing I can accept negative camber on, because it just looks so damn cool laid out on the ground.

But on a rice-burner? Fail.:notnice: