american racing wheels

nemlio65

Oct 12, 2006
I'm trying to restore a set of old american racing 200s AKA daisy wheels or mags anyways what would be the original color or the spokes,looks alot like stainless steel paint but it's not paint perhaps some sort of elostro plate finish????Any old schooler out there who know what I'm talking about? HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!:hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

I'm trying to restore a set of old american racing 200s AKA daisy wheels or mags anyways what would be the original color or the spokes,looks alot like stainless steel paint but it's not paint perhaps some sort of elostro plate finish????Any old schooler out there who know what I'm talking about? HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!:hail2:

Got a photograph?

HistoricMustang

:) yeah that works, but a cheaper solution would just be paint. :) sand em, steel wool em, and paint em. thats it! i think my torque thrust d's will be done early july. yeah they're old school

After looking around at a million wheel sites I think I've narrowed it down to 2 finishes I like seymours stainless steel paint and their alumi-blast.Has anyone used these products.I think they're all lacquer based.

After looking around at a million wheel sites I think I've narrowed it down to 2 finishes I like seymours stainless steel paint and their alumi-blast.Has anyone used these products.I think they're all lacquer based.
I have used the stainless steel paint on '69 Shelby wheels. It turned out very well, lasted for years, (I sold the car after eight years) and everyone commented on how good it looked. alum a blast is too light in color, imo