an update pic on my car

yellowstang1994

Sep 9, 2004
Hi everybody,

Just wanted to throw a pic of my car up since it's been a while. At the end of last year a deer ran out in front of me on the highway while I was going about 60mph. Needless to say my car was totaled and the insurance company was hassling me and just wanted to cut me a check. If I took it, it would of been really hard to try and get the work done on it. Since I used to be a painter at my friend's dad's autobody shop he helped me out a lot, pulled some strings with the insurance company and we got the car done. I liked my car too much to total it, after I been through so much with it I just couldn't do it. I got a free cervini's cowl hood out of the deal too. Thats the first change.

The second change are the 99 cobra wheels. I was at the bar one night and a friend offered them to me for $100. They were pretty beat up, a lot of the chrome has this sort of acne on the insides of them. But you can't even tell unless you want to try and spot it out really close. I had a full set of tires in my garage I used, and replaced one of the wheels from tirerack for $200. After lugs and mounting/balancing. I spent $400 or so total for everything. Not toooo bad.

Also, got a fluidyne in there to keep the temps down for summer, so all i'm trying to do now is to keep the engine running good. I'm almost up to 130k and I dunno how much longer the engine will last. I'm gonna start thinking about some HCI and engine rebuild. So those are my plans.

l_0c311beb3fd350a379abb7c820ab4a5e.jpg

This image is kind of old. The only changes now are cobra center caps, and 15% tint all around. Tell me what you guys think? I'll try to get some more pics tomorrow of it from the front so you guys can see the cowl hood a bit better.

• Sponsors (?)