jmajorboner

Dec 14, 2004
This...
28302083382.jpg

Is going into...
28302075170.jpg

Stay Tuned for more details... :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

My brother hooked up a leaf blower to his friends S10. Ran it straight off the battery. He swears that it made the car a good bit faster, all were suprised that it didn't break something.

Goodluck with it...:bs: :)

jmajorboner said:
Home Depot...Worst part is a power inverter that puts enough watts for it is gonna cost me $200... :bang:
WTF! That's like 1,000,000watts for that much money! It'll be worth the 20-30hp though, trust me...and you can say you're blown :)

How do those things hook up to the throttle? I might try a gas one, don't they put out more power?

The gas ones cost about twice as much for the same amount of MPH winds. But the gas ones put out alot more CFM. The electric ones have faster winds but less area of it.

topless98gt said:
WTF! That's like 1,000,000watts for that much money! It'll be worth the 20-30hp though, trust me...and you can say you're blown :)

How do those things hook up to the throttle? I might try a gas one, don't they put out more power?

Actually they are pretty expensive but I got a cheap brand off ebay just now for just over $100...
View attachment 500915

As for making it work, flip switch in the cab.

Well your going to need to block off your PCV hoses and put a filter on the PCV outlets. It SHOULD make maybe 1PSI @ WOT, if you have a hend held tuner, you may need to richen the mixture up a bit. I think you will get 15-20RWHP out of it if its tuned right. Reguardless its supplying more air and the motor doesnt have to suck it in. You need to make sure that the air blows evenly accross the MAF sensor...meaning NO BENDS right in front of the MAF if you can help it. Let us know how it goes. :nice:

hotmustang331 said:
Well your going to need to block off your PCV hoses and put a filter on the PCV outlets. It SHOULD make maybe 1PSI @ WOT, if you have a hend held tuner, you may need to richen the mixture up a bit. I think you will get 15-20RWHP out of it if its tuned right. Reguardless its supplying more air and the motor doesnt have to suck it in. You need to make sure that the air blows evenly accross the MAF sensor...meaning NO BENDS right in front of the MAF if you can help it. Let us know how it goes. :nice:
Ok but here is how im doing it...
28315083239.jpg

And then im gonna find a filter that will fit on the inlet of the LB so I can use the fender for cold air still. Is there anything that will be messed up if I put the blower right there? I was thinking I would be good because all the sensors are after where im hooking it up.:shrug: