Any downfalls to height adjustable LCA's???

elite130

Dec 7, 2005
Denver, CO
I am looking into getting some J&M height adjustable LCA's. Are there any disadvantages to these adjustable LCA's? Is there more flex or does the spring perch tend to adjust itself? I want these because I plan on getting some wheel spacers or 10.5" wide rims and want the ability to raise the rear-end so the tires don't rub the fenderwell. Plus this allows me to get the car perfectly even.

BTW: If I remember correctly, I heard somewhere J&M makes Maximum Motorsports stuff or visa versa, is this true??? Both have the spherical bushings on the axle side and urethan bushings on the vehicle side. I would go with MM units, but I can't afford them like I can the J&M's.

Update: MRT is out of the LCA's with the sperical bushings, all they have left is the ones with the urethan bushings on both sides, will this be good enough for the streets and little/no track use?

• Sponsors (?)

As I understand it, the guy that owns J&M used to own Maximum Motorsports.
I also would like to hear from someone who has these pieces before I buy them and go to the trouble of installing them.
The price is right compared to the Steeda and MM parts.
I think the ones with the urethane bushings would be preferable for street use. I heard the ones with the spherical bushings are too noisy and harsh for street use.
By the way I think these same pieces are available from partshopper.