Anyone running a remanufactured engine?

damn like getting close to 10 years or so (I'm getting old lol)... I HOPE thier quality has improved. If it was me I'd take the SOB apart & check all thier work before I tossed it in the car....

Best of luck I hope your is 1 of the 20% that didn't come back :)

• Sponsors (?)

Did two AZ motors last year. One for a '86 bronco spec'd to a '88 5.0 for the better cam and heads that turned out really good for under $1300. Put some 1.7's and headers on and it barked the 33's pretty good. Another was the '86 cougar we spec'd out to a '88 5.0 and ended up putting heads, cam etc into as the bug bit. Turned out well too.

Jamie

I work at a shop. We do engines and transmissions all the time. We use Jasper, I wouldn't put one of in my car. They come with a 3 year 75K mile warranty. My buddy has a Jasper 4L60 with Jet components in his Z28, he's on his third one in 20K miles. First one was sent with a bad tq converter, the second blew the pump seal, the third one just isn't quite right, he's working on destroying it presently.

Standard reman's are just built as standard replacments. Your so much better off with a DSS, Probe, Kieth Kraft engine built for abuse.