Anyone running Dynomax Super Turbos?

JH96GT

Founding Member
Aug 20, 2000
Twilight Zone, TN.
I've got LT's, OR-H pipe, and MAC's currently. Too loud for me. I was wondering how you like your super turbos from Dynomax? The car has an F-cam so I still want to hear it bump a little.......but the drone at cruising speed is awful currently and I like the price of the Dynomax cat-back kit.

Comments on them in regards to tone, etc...?

Thanks gang.

• Sponsors (?)

My 96 Cobra had BBK L/T's, BBK o/r H-pipe and a Dyno Max Super Turbo cat-back. It was very quiet at idle, crusing and even at WOT. At WOT, you could tell I had exhaust but it's nothing like Flowmasters or MAC. The mufflers are built poorly though. I went through 4 mufflers in 8 years and that was 24,000 miles in 8 years. 3,000 per year and the baffles broke in all 4 mufflers creating a raspy sound.

I ran Super Turbos on my '87 coupe (the cat-back kit) with a BBK x-pipe. They were too quiet for me, so I switched to the Dynomax Ultraflows in stainless (straight through design). These were better, but I still think Magnaflows or a set of Flowmasters sound the best on a 5.0.

The Super Turbos have a nice tone, but are too quiet for my taste. And I don't necessarily like a loud car.

I'd go with a straight through design over the turbo design muffler. The best muffler for the $$$(or used to be) is the Pypes Racepro mufflers. Basically they are copies of the Ultra Flo design muffler and work great.

Had them in catback form 2.5" on my GT and now I have them in 3" form on my GT. BTW, I hate loud cars. Mine has a catalytic converter, turbo and two mufflers and I'd quieten it down more if I could, haha.

I had their super turbo kit on my Cherokee. It rusted out so bad in just 2 years that it fell off while driving. I didn't bother turning around to pick it up. It did sound great but the quality was lacking as far as i'm concerned. I've got a set of Macs that i'm gonna use on the 'stang that are 10 years old and still look new except being dirty and they're not even stainless.

I had a Super Turbo on my V6 about 3 years back. Not to comment on the sound becuase it is a 6, but I was rather dissapointed. A year and a half later, I gave it to a buddy at work. He put it on his Jeep Cherokee (V6 no cats) .. it was too quiet. Funny thing that happened, later that day he was driving down the freeway and the muffler fell off. Didn't hit anyone luckily. Looked at it later and part of the muffler was still attached to the pipe. Dumb thing broke apart at the front weld. Ok muffler, but crappy quality.

I had Dynomax STs on my 5.0 when i first got it. I'd say itd be a great replacement for a stock muffler, honestly. Theyre maybe 15% louder. I think the only gain really is that you can get em in 2.5".