Anyone wanna calculate my compression ratio

Slow5.0

Feb 13, 2003
Portland, OR
I have TFS Twisted Wedge heads that are milled .035 or .040 and CC is 58cc or 59cc i don't remember which one is it ,guy who sold me don't remember eather
I runing Felpro OEM head gaskets 9333PT-1

• Sponsors (?)

Slow5.0 said:
I have TFS Twisted Wedge heads that are milled .035 or .040 and CC is 58cc or 59cc i don't remember which one is it ,guy who sold me don't remember eather
I runing Felpro OEM head gaskets

For every .007" to .010" shaved off, there is 1cc less of combustion chamber.

We need more info in order to caculate CR, like pistons (flat top, dished, domed, stock), deck clearance( how far the piston is above or below the surface of the block at TDC), bore and stroke, gasket bore and compressed thickness.

If you can get them things we should be able to calulate.

If your heads are milled .035-.040", your cc is smaller than 59cc. Unless you opened the chambers? I milled my TW heads .020" and they cc'd 57.6cc. Now they're 55.6cc with a total mill of appx .035".

Whats your head gasket thickness?

Mike I didn't do the calculations, but your guess seems a bit low to me. His heads are approx. 8-10cc's less than a stock head, do you really think that will only take him into the upper 9's?

Its a thicker head gasket (.047" as opposed to a .039") his block isn't decked and its a stock piston. Its just a guess but IMO it should be close. I have a comp calculator on my desktop but I do not know all the specs to type in.

By the way, whats the new combo you're planning? PM me if its a secret.