ASP Pulley On A 3G Alternator?

How did you remove/install the pulley? If you did it with an impact you could have put some unneeded stress on the alternator shaft and caused some sort of clearance or looseness issue? Just another thought:shrug:

I'm curious to know the solution...

• Sponsors (?)

5spd GT said:
How did you remove/install the pulley? If you did it with an impact you could have put some unneeded stress on the alternator shaft and caused some sort of clearance or looseness issue? Just another thought:shrug:

I'm curious to know the solution...
The impact method is the only way to do it. You can't get enough torque on the nut to keep the pulley on any other way. That's how all the instructions I've ever seen to install the alt pulley say to do it. Just don't go hog wild and impact it for 15 seconds.

Subscribing as well...

I have the ASP pulley sitting here waiting to be installed...

I have read here and there the the ASP and/or the stock 2G pulley if installed onto the 3G alt needs a washer of some sort to act as a spacer?

Anyone heard of this or tried it?If you did do this washer thing,what EXACTLY did you use and do?

i put a 3g on last year. My old pulley didnt fit it because the 3g has a lip around the shaft whereas the stock alt it pressed against the fan. Solution, go to your local battery/starter/alternator shop with the 3g and find the smallest pulley that fits.