ATI vs. KB

00s281sc368 said:
KB rules. It's like a viper engine in a GT mustang ...

Here is my dyno with no other mods than a Borla cat back...
kbdynorun04.jpg
WOW! :jaw: Those are awesome numbers!!!

• Sponsors (?)

00s281sc368 said:
KB rules. It's like a viper engine in a GT mustang ...

Here is my dyno with no other mods than a Borla cat back...
kbdynorun04.jpg
Yes they are awesome numbers! It looks like your setup has more power to offer. If I read it right, your running rich in the middle RPM's. It may be set up that way as a conservative tune also. I am curious what it would do with a good tune. Your HP is still climbing when you hit the wall.

Curious...

Bo

mrvax said:
kirkyg: Have you ordered yours yet?

If I had the $ for a S/C. I would certainly order the K/B unit. Even if it was the 6psi no intercooler model. It would make our car seem like a big block.

Well initially i was sure i would order it in january. That is probably not going to happen. I have been researching the 5.4L Navigator swap and all the new intakes that are becoming available. What i would really like to do is get the navigator swap and then modular performance is making and intake i could mount a whipple supercharger too or possibly a kenne bell. To tell you the truth i wont know what im going to do until i see the new mustangs. If the new mustang is everything we dreamed it to be then i'll probably just put al my extra money on my car and then trade it in or sell and get a new mustang. IF not one of the above projects will be started.

kirkyg

lol no pickin on the thundercat. those are some monster numbers there. there is no doubt the kenne bell produces gobs of power, that is just sick. 430 hp! ZOINKS! I may keep the thindercat or switch to a stang, dont know yet. was thnking of a 99 since it will get a forged block and forced induction. just wondering how cost effective and how much power i could make with the current car and maintain driveability. there is a part of me that says go sleeper route, but then again i have always anted and loved mustangs. its a hard choice. :shrug:

Of course more psi faster means more power!
If you compare, at 3000rpm, the KB engine already makes 230HP to the wheels, while an ATI engine makes probably somewhere between 150HP to 180HP because of low boost. Guess which of the two will accelerate faster :)
My A/F seems rich but according to KB, it's the measurement which if off. I'll have another dyno soon at another place to confirm.

Fallguy said:
BrtBlue, Do you have any pic's of where the IC mount's ? Do you have to relocate your battery to the trunk ?

Where are the valve cover's from ?

Thank's
Fall
The intercooler itself? It is under the intake, so no, there is nothing to relocate, and no I didn't relocate the battery for anything. The IC radiator is in front as most are.
intercooler-4.jpg

Click on Photo Gallery on my website listed below and here http://www.pats-world.com/brightblue00gt/ and you'll see lots of pics.

The covers are from Breed Enterprises http://www.bullittmansparts.com/TB-index.htm . Ron at Breed is a great guy and will do the engraving at no charge.
valve-covers-02.jpg