Attempted to get duals today...

echo7 said:
Also, i had a race yesterday with a modded up 03 grand am 24 valve 3.4L v6, and it was very close and i know i wouldnt have won if it wasnt for the x-pipe setup. He could get almost a half car length between us on dead stop, but then by 30 i was starting to catch up, and 60-70 i was passing him and 80+ i had my whole car in front of him. So from a 0-60 race, he could probably beat me from my dead stop throttle lag, but anything over 70 i can take him. I am very impressed by how much power it had, and how he has it modded as a sleeper. I would have been embarased to be beaten by a gold 4-door grandaddy looking car.

LOL!! Nice job echo7!! "Atta Boy"!! That sounds like a good plan.. So we will basically compare all 3 of our cars using the exact same G-Tech? Sounds kool.. Just let me know what I must do..

NJstangpilot

I felt the same way NJ! But my most important thing is honesty, and I didnt want to inject a false positive into the dyno result.. It was what it was.. I am still in dis-belief. They didnt even have a fan blowing onto the engine, like in all the dyno videos.. I'm still thinking..

If I should decide just to get the 2007 Cobra, then I will go ahead and atleast get the SCT work done to the V6.. What do you all think? How much will the Cobra Cost?

Zodiac

I had a Saleen88 before.. When I traded it in for my first Cobra93, even Ford considered it an LX.. No way man.. No more Saleens for me.. I need a Factory car.. LOL!!

Looks like around $40,000..

Aren't they already taking orders? I'll check it out later.. Maybe I'll order early... I am definatley going this route.. This takes off all the pressure... LOL!!

• Sponsors (?)

Well hopefully i'll get it soon, then i'll send it to you, but i might try to get my friends srt4 tested to, that thing is a beast... Then i'll setup getting it to you...

MSP,

You'll get raped on the Cobra if you get one when it first comes out.

As an aside, the dealer where I bought my Mustang had two Ford GT's. The GT was supposed to cost around $140K, but escalated to around $230K (sticker) when they finally came out. My dealer sold both GTs for over 1 Million each. One butmunch paid all of it cash, up front! (is my jealousy showing?).

Good luck getting a Cobra for 40K when they first come out.

NJstangpilot said:
MSP,

You'll get raped on the Cobra if you get one when it first comes out.

As an aside, the dealer where I bought my Mustang had two Ford GT's. The GT was supposed to cost around $140K, but escalated to around $230K (sticker) when they finally came out. My dealer sold both GTs for over 1 Million each. One butmunch paid all of it cash, up front! (is my jealousy showing?).

Good luck getting a Cobra for 40K when they first come out.

Yeah, I figured that NJ! Are you saying someone paid 1 million for a GT?

I am guessing the Cobra when it hits the streets, will be priced at $65,000.. It very well could be a plot by Ford, making the GT so hard to come by.. I think this is the only way to keep the Mustang from being viewed as a standard run of the mill car.. Anyways, we all know the GT is worth well more than $30K.. Really, there is no reason why Ford should allow the value of the GT to slide.. Quality wise, I think the new Mustangs should rank up there with the BMW, and Mercedes sports cars.. All they would need is softer leather and a woodgrain dash, with navigation as an option..

One thing is quite clear from all of this. Which is, it is much to soon to know which way the wind is going to blow for the 2005 Mustang.. I think Ford is actually doing a good thing by making the GT hard to come by..

Zodiac said:
That'd be 1mil for a FORD GT, not a Mustang GT. I dont think you can really even begin to compare a Ford GT to a Mustang GT to a Mercedes and BMW.

Of course I did understand the distinction Zodiac.. LOL!!! These chumps around here have the Ford GT's behind a roped off area.. One guy tried to step over the barrier and look at the window sticker and got yelled at.. He was so upset at the whole affair, he bolted pissed off, saying, "If I cant read the damn sticker, I cant buy the car".. LOL!! I thought too myself thats ridiculous..

I think the trick is, if you need to look at the sticker, you cant afford the car.. Which means, people are buying the GT's and paying $100,000 over MSRP because their pride wont let them look at the cost.. Dealers know this and take advantage.. LOL!!

MSP,

TWO people paid 1 Million for the Ford GT's my dealer had. (1M & 1.15M respectively). The guy who got the "deal" (one million) paid all of it cash, up front before even seeing the car.

Must be nice having an extra 1M sitting around somewhere.

I'm guessing the Cobra will sticker at $35000, but you won't be able to touch one for less than $50,000 for at least 9 months. People were paying 30K for Mustang GT's the first few months they were out. There will be a lot less Cobra's made.

Hey Guys!! Hows it going!! Just bought my new wheels.. They are the Mach 1 SVT Wheels Chromed Aluminum! What do you think?

I decided on these for several reasons..

1. Alot of people already have Bullit Wheels..

2. I have not seen or heard of people with the 05 Mustang with these wheels yet..

3. They are Factory Wheels made by Ford..

4. They are made for the 05 Mustang with a 30mm offset, which should put them right near the edge of the fender..

Since I have decided to just enjoy my 05 V6 for a few years instead of trying to jump ship, I will concentrate on the exterior of the car for awhile.. Then move to the SCT Tuning... I feel my car as it sits right now is plenty fast, and sounds great.. I need to enjoy it.. Soon, I will move to the front and rear bumpers, and a duck-Tail.. Maybe some parts from the Eleanor kit.. Some parts from the Roush Mustang kit..

After I get these wheels put on, I will slam the car into the weeds.. Stay tuned for the screenshots, once I slam it.. LOL!!

MSP said:
Hey Guys!! Hows it going!! Just bought my new wheels.. They are the Mach 1 SVT Wheels Chromed Aluminum! What do you think?

I decided on these for several reasons..

1. Alot of people already have Bullit Wheels..

2. I have not seen or heard of people with the 05 Mustang with these wheels yet..

3. They are Factory Wheels made by Ford..

4. They are made for the 05 Mustang with a 30mm offset, which should put them right near the edge of the fender..

Since I have decided to just enjoy my 05 V6 for a few years instead of trying to jump ship, I will concentrate on the exterior of the car for awhile.. Then move to the SCT Tuning... I feel my car as it sits right now is plenty fast, and sounds great.. I need to enjoy it.. Soon, I will move to the front and rear bumpers, and a duck-Tail.. Maybe some parts from the Eleanor kit.. Some parts from the Roush Mustang kit..

After I get these wheels put on, I will slam the car into the weeds.. Stay tuned for the screenshots, once I slam it.. LOL!!

Looks nice MSP! Very distinctive! I want to lower my car too, there's too much space in that fenderwell.

Jimp said:
Looks nice MSP! Very distinctive! I want to lower my car too, there's too much space in that fenderwell.

Thanks Jimp.. I spotted these on Ebay.. I have been looking for the right wheels for the last week endlessly.. I wanted the Bullits, then the FR500's.. I almost bought some FR500's but held back.. But when I found these, and saw they were also chromed, I couldnt resist.. The fact they are made by Ford also helped alot.. I felt it helps to keep the car to a factory awareness.. Dont get me wrong, I love the Bullits.. They look slick on Echo7's car.. But these wheels grabbed me and wouldnt let go.. LOL!! I had to get them..

The crucial part about these wheels as you stated, is slamming the car, to get rid of the excess fenderwell.. In this position, I think the lines of the car will look spectacular against these chromed Mach1 wheels.. A slight tilt forward over the front tire, should seal the deal! :D

echo7 said:
look very nice, they would have been my second choice, love the mach1's. mine are 29mm offset so yours will stick out like mine :D

Thanks Echo7! Sweet, so yours stick out alittle huh! LOL!! Nice, I cant wait to get these put on..

I want to go with some really beefy tires in the back.. Can anyone make any suggestions as to what will work on a 17x8 wheel? Whats the maximum I can go in the rear?

Basically, I want a tire that will bowl over the edge of the rim.. Also, I dont want a 45 series tire.. I would like a 60 series if possible.. Since the wheels are 17", a 45 series tire would leave too much gap to fill..

275/40/17 is the same sidewall as 245/45/17, so series doesnt matter, it depends on the width of the tire. if you have a 275/45 and a 205/45 they will have different side wall heights.....but same series.
edit: also look at truck 17" tires, many of them are 265/70/17 and have a huge sidewall

bigcat said:
275/40/17 is the same sidewall as 245/45/17, so series doesnt matter, it depends on the width of the tire. if you have a 275/45 and a 205/45 they will have different side wall heights.....but same series.
edit: also look at truck 17" tires, many of them are 265/70/17 and have a huge sidewall

Thanks BigCat.. I'll just have to slam it.. No problem.. The 275/40/17 might be the one.. We'll see.. I'll post the pics once its in the weeds man!

No matter what, I think these wheels will set the car off once its down low..

Sweet MSP, very cool man, very cool. There's a set of 17" American Racing Torq Thrust IIs in my future.. my distant future sadly. Ive wanted that set of wheels since before I bought the car! lol, a man's gotta dream....

Zodiac said:
Sweet MSP, very cool man, very cool. There's a set of 17" American Racing Torq Thrust IIs in my future.. my distant future sadly. Ive wanted that set of wheels since before I bought the car! lol, a man's gotta dream....

Thanks Zodiac!! Yes, I know what you mean on the Torque Thrust wheels!.. I sold some about 1 yr ago to a buddy.. They were off my old S10 Extreme.. Those are hella sweet wheels.. Thats where the Bullits were founded from.. I know I knew of the Torque Thrust before I heard of the Bullits..

@ALL

Raced a Turbo Charged Bright Green MR2.. Thought I might lose when I heard his turbo kickin in, but I managed to hold him off.. LOL!! I know he had Nitrous that he didnt use.. LOL!! It is possible he let me get away.. It was close up to about 100MPH.. We started off at 60mph.. He drove up beside me and I heard him downshift.. LOL!! Thats all I needed to drop down to 3rd and punch it.. I think what may have shocked him was my exhaust.. Once he punched it, he got a 1/2 a car length on me.. Then i started catching him, with my XPIPE screaming furiously.. I got his front bumper even with my drivers side door and he backed off.. I did hear his turbo though.. I was expecting him to slowly pull away but the reverse happened.. Thus I am hear, intact with all my 9 lives left.. LOL!! :D