bb 460

77sleeper said:
just a little less stealthy and a little more work woud be a 351w stroked and poked to 427ci

add a Vortech V-4 J-Trim Supercharger and you have insane power and can actually still corner

Most people can't tell a 351W from a 302 without a tape measure, so you could actually tell them that your 427 is just a built up 302. If the deep ground shaking rumble doesnt give it away when you start it up, they deserve to remain ignorant anyway.

• Sponsors (?)

Blue Thunder said:
I always wondered if 351M/400M cars ever came with a C4 trans. If so, that's a perfect bell for a 460/C4 setup in a II. I've only seen a few of them with an FMX, never a C4.

I have seen a C4 bellhousing for the 335/385 series engines. I just can't remember if it was stock or aftermarket. I saw it on E-bay. With the evergrowing popularity of the C4 and its capabilities, I'm almost 100% certain there is a C4 bellhousing casted for thses engines now. :nice:

Dano78 said:
I have seen a C4 bellhousing for the 335/385 series engines. I just can't remember if it was stock or aftermarket.

That's interesting because

I know some M blocks came with the SBF bell pattern, mayhaps Ford also made some C4 bells to fit the 385.

I guess the search would be for a C4 behind a 351/400 M.

MadMark said:
That's interesting because

I know some M blocks came with the SBF bell pattern, mayhaps Ford also made some C4 bells to fit the 385.

I guess the search would be for a C4 behind a 351/400 M.

You know... :scratch: I have neglected, over the years of junking the '70s tuna sainers, to actually pay attention to what was bolted to the 351Ms and 400Ms they used in the cars. I'm willing to bet i may have watched one go by without even so much as a thought as they were covered in grease and I just wanted the scrap weight. I do remember though, the vast majority of the 335 series trannys were the Cast Iron bodied boat anchor FMXs or the better C6s. What I never understood was the FMX. The cars were already porker tuna boats that got horrible gas milage and they opt to use a heavy cast iron 3 speed trans.... :nonono: ... there's just no sense in that.

Now the 351C (considered a 335 series engine) was strictly a 289-302-351W bellhousing pattern but it came with either a C4, C6, or FMX.