BBFCM MIA/KIA???

i hate birkenstocks, my feet are ugly enough o dont need to be showing them to everybody. as for the donkey, i guess he wouldnt bite me if i wore real shoes, and i didnt hit him with the 2x4:(
Yeah, but you gotta wear 'em if you wanna pass yourself off as a typical "Nuke the Gay Whales for Jesus" eco-freak! How do you think I feel? Can't kick no snakes with my toes hanging out; and those Commies won't let me carry my 629 stuffed up with shotshells! I'd almost live with the tire-tread topless shoes if they'd just let me carry my snake-getter loads......

EDIT: You just need some practice to get "in the mood". Put on your shorts and floppy hat, go spend several workday afternoons by Papoulie's in Tucson Mall (or sbarro at Foothills Mall), order a cheap cup of iced-tea, and sit there soaking up all the A/C you can; all the while complaining loudly about how "we're raping the desert in the pursuit of progress"!

Then go hug a saquaro. Or maybe not. You might not get loose from the saquaro. Hug a cholla! Yeah...... noooooo....... might be easier to get away from the saguaro...... :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Chelle.....I must agree with StDr on this one. Don't you think you should've let your two i-Dads know you were going to shack up with some dude? Just let Andy (hmmmm......name seems familiar:scratch: ) know that IF he EVER breaks your heart StDr and I will be more than happy to dispose of his remains.:D

Actually, the first thing my dad said to him was "If you hurt my daughter, I'll kill you." He's also gotten similar threats from my brother, grandmother, people at work, and his family.

-Chelle

[Dr. Nick Voice]Hi everybody[/Dr. Nick Voice]
Just came back from interviewing for a staff position in the Emergeny Dept. at Peconic Bay Medical Center (formerly Central Suffolk Hospital in Riverhead).

It went VERY well. The Nurse Manager told me there is a F/T days position she wants to hire me for, but it has to be posted in-house for 1 week first. Good news is she doesn't have anybody "on her radar" in-house for the position.

It's 3 13 hour shifts per week, they will send me to Stony Brook for the Critical Care Nursing course (req'd) and she is very pleased with how active I am in EMS.

Only drawback.....due to the fact that the hospital orientation is the first week of each month I probably won't start until December 1st!

But in the meantime I will complete the PALS class that I'm already registered for (11/16 and 11/26), and get all my pre-employment health screens, etc. done.:nice::nice::nice:

Chelle.....I'm sure if the boy is stoooooopid enough to break your heart, you'll do MORE damage to him than anyone else!:hail2:

OUTSTANDING!!!!

Glad to hear the news! So you're going for PALS; I'm guessing you probably have GALS already under your belt from the last job (I should certainly hope so!); so once you're though PALS the rest should be just "refresher" classes for you. Yeah, I know, "It's the whole course every 2 years"; but at least you can go into it without the first-time jitters after this. (At least that's how it's worked out for Sue) I'm guessing, since you live/work close enough to The Big City; you have a fully staffed NICU somewhere in that hospital; so you don't have to take NALS for ER duty. Yuma's still "a little small" in that respect; so even though Nursery/NICU is right across the hall from Sue's PACU, there's only like 3-4 NALS cert nurses to cover all days/shifts, she still gets to add that to her certs/re-certs.

Hey, now this should come with full health bennies, right? Yessssssssss! :nice:
Congratulations, Buddy! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Oh, and Chelle....... your boy Andy knows that hiding from your Dad on either Coast is pretty much fruitless, right? "Beware the watchers on the Coasts!" :D

StDr.....The PALS class will actually be a refresher for me, I have taken it several times in the past, just haven't been current in the last 5 years. I also took NALS and the TNCC many years ago and may be looking to take them again soon. And yup, GEMS is actually an EMS requirement here. I'll also be looking to renew my AEMT certification soon too!:banana:
F/T definately means bennies, it's a union facility so it will also mean MORE $$$ than I was making at SSBS.:nice:

As it isn't a "done deal" yet I'm still crossing my fingers, but ya, this means "sally" will hopefully have her body and paint completed next summer!:banana::banana::banana:

You gotta be UNION to make money in healthcare back there???? :eek: Yeesh!
AZ is a right to work state; and still this one CCRN I know very well (and sleep with) is knocking down a little over $1400/week without OT. (Yeah, like she can get away without any OT and/or CO every week!) And that's in a nice clean, quiet PACU!

I'm not even remotely up-to-date on Field EMS; but I'm gonna guess that GALS is just one part of GEMS. Plus you've got enough field time that you'd cause a couple of our ER Doc's to wet their pants within 1 week on the Floor. I can think of a local ER Director that would at the least french-kiss you if you were to show up on her doorstep.
Too bad you like living over there on the East Coast Version of the Left Coast. :nonono:

EDIT: And, in case you're wondering how you could possibly spend all of this; need I remind you that mdjay's place of business is only 5 hours away!
(If you drive the speed limit)
(Nobody drives the speed limit from Yuma to Vegas)

I'm just sayin'

WOO HOO!!!

I went to Stony Brook today to follow up with the oncologist for the results of my PET scan last Friday....Good news is I got a clean bill of health....no more scans, just blood work in six months.:nice:
BETTER NEWS......When I got home there was a message on my answering machine from the HR Dept at PBMC....I GOT THE JOB IN THE EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT!!!
I go in Monday to take care of all the pre-employment paperwork. I start working on Monday December 1st (earliest new employee orientation they can get me into.)
:banana::spot::banana::spot::banana:
:spot::banana::spot::banana::spot:
:banana::spot::banana::spot::banana:

EGGGGGGGGG-SELL-LENTT! :nice:

In the meanwhile, since the Doc sez you're good to go and you've got time on your hands; I've gotta couple projects for you.

Closetdoorneeds painting(bothsides)thefloorscouldusestrippingandwaxing(bloodstainsfromthelastgroupofpumpkinhunters)somethingisgrowinginyourlaundryhamperpleasesanitze/killitthebacklawn needsonelastmowingbeforesnowfliescountyplanningandzoningcalledandsaidthatweneedtogetapermitifwe'regonnaaddasecondstorytothemoundofdirtydihesandshotglassesinthesinkandthatring(theonethatsmellslikeburnt90weight)isbackintheJacuzzi(wheredidyoucleanSally'saxlewhenyoure-gearedthediff?).

See? it was a short list, hardly took me anytime at all to type it up!

sally's happy too! Means she may get her final face lift and paint next summer!:nice:
Closet door....just repainted, or doesn't pumkin picker blood count?:scratch:
Floor......same thing, that coat of red works as a great sealer-stainer.:shrug:
What laundry.....I wear BLUE FUZZ not clothes, the critter you're complaining about in the pile of discard pumpkin picker attire is probably your escaped gerbil.:nono:
Peed on the lawn two nights ago, snow/sleet/hail flew yesterday.:D
The building inspector was in that last bunch of pumpkin pickers....B-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-R-R-R-P!:stirpot:
That smelly black ring in the jacuzzi was from your slimey hide.......I just dumped some bleach in this morning and lit a half-dozen Glade candles around the tub.:ack:

You're right that list didn't take long at all!:D