Biggest (Widest) Tires on Fox

What's the biggest tire size any of you have put on the stock 10 hole 15" rims, stock ride height, and no rubs on the fox? Front and/or rear.

I'm going to slap on a set of BFG's in the next week or so and figure a few of you have probably went down this road already.

Thx
HD

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks all.

Hey Coug, them 235's all the way 'round sound nice but I'm sorta partial to the old school "big and littles". Kinda screws the rotation, but hell, a great ass is what I like. Gonna see if that 235 will work on the 15 on front and the back so far is up to ??? Woody? Is that 235/60? I like tall rubber. Can we go wider?

That 275 is 12" of width. That fits on a 15, no tubbing, no lifting, 4 in car, no rubbing? :shrug:

HD

I think my car has stock springs it surely is not lowered. No rubbing or tubbing, Quad shocks still on. Remember they are 50's and 275's are less than 12" 275mm about 11" and because they are 50's they are not that tall 26" give or take. As I said Earlier I was told these are not safe on 7" rims. Why I do not know.

HOWNDOG said:
Thanks all.

Hey Coug, them 235's all the way 'round sound nice but I'm sorta partial to the old school "big and littles". Kinda screws the rotation, but hell, a great ass is what I like. Gonna see if that 235 will work on the 15 on front and the back so far is up to ??? Woody? Is that 235/60? I like tall rubber. Can we go wider?

That 275 is 12" of width. That fits on a 15, no tubbing, no lifting, 4 in car, no rubbing? :shrug:

HD
heh, i was looking more for a balanced "grand touring car" look, plus i can rotate, because i could've got a lot more miles out of my last set if they were the same size. I had 16-50-245's on the rear last time, but they are actually taller than my current tires even with a smaller wheel.

Thx Stangrrrrrrrly :D

Gonna order 245/60's and 225/60's tomorrow as it seems to be the way to stay on the fair side of the body hammer. Sorta helps keep the cost down too as there's bit of a $$ jump to the 265/50's and I am a bit stingy.

85GTluver: The reason that the 275 on a 7" rim may be "unsafe" is the sidewall must extend from the bead out to the tread that is far wider. This more extreme angle (apparantly) causes the rim to have less control over the tread and may impart a slight "squishyness" to the one end of the car. Similar to the feel of mixing bias ply and radials. Add to that the bead not being able to seat to the the rim properly and possibly popping off in a corner (not a problem in straight line I guess). If you check a tire ref book, I doubt 275 is recommended on 7"

Are those the stock offset rims you're using and not rubbing?

BTW, The 275 is the tire cross sectional width (not tread) and the 50 is the % of that the sidewall is high (for a 50 the sidewall should be 1/2 the cross section). If I got that correct (been awhile.....) being 50 or 60 or ??? should have no bearing on if the tire is 11" or 12" wide.
I've noticed these measurements can vary a bit from manufactor to manufactor as well as type of tire.

Hope that helps clear up a bit of mud.

Thx all
HD

HOWNDOG said:
What's the biggest tire size any of you have put on the stock 10 hole 15" rims, stock ride height, and no rubs on the fox? Front and/or rear.

I'm going to slap on a set of BFG's in the next week or so and figure a few of you have probably went down this road already.

Thx
HD

HOWNDOG,if this helps any..I ran 235/60r15 on the front and 245/60r15
on the rear with 10 holes.The only problem I had with rubbing was turning
the steering wheel lock to lock,it would rub a little on the inside of the
plastic fender liner..I hardly notice it anymore.
Here's a pic so you can see what it looked like,I've since changed my
wheel/tire combination.
90lxfrt.jpg

They're on.

225/60 F and 245/60 R, Looks damn nice and no rubbing. I also don't slow down for corners, offramps.......no more which is a good thing for car that lacks in the get-back-up-to-speed area.

...maybe post some pics after a waxing.

HD