Progress Thread Budget 89 GT

1F11FDFB-3F57-4D80-864C-4E0F6AB13FA8.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Well... im going to get my new rear end after work tonight.... my buddy was over working on his truck and im kind of dead in the water till i get parts so i figured i might was well mess with this thing. so i got the torch out and heated everything up cut some of the pin out and used a big punch and hammer and got it out. im just gonna sell the gears and re coop some of my money on the other rear end.

i think i have a few other parts sold too so im in good shape still

Well.... went 2 hours to get my rear end. And the guy hosed me. Said it was a 327, and it ended up being a 273. Gonna see about a set of gears that’s in a buddy pick up trailer he made. Hoping 331s if not I can trade another buddy my 373s but was hoping to sell them
104BC8D9-5556-42C2-8B10-D7CA7E3500CE.jpeg

That sucks. In case you ever buy another rear end in the future, you can verify the gear ratio in the absence of a tag and without removing the cover by turning the axles and counting how many revolutions the pinion and/or driveshaft make for one revolution of the axles.

Well I got everything cleaned up. Put new brake lines on the axle. Just trying to find a set of gears now still. My supposed friend had a set but I guess he vanished off the face of the earth cause I haven’t heard anything out of him after he said he would bring them over.

My control arms came in to so that’s cool!

Nothing worse than waiting for parts..

no kidding...

we are building that Silverado in my back stall at the moment and hes been getting a lot of my help lately cause my cars setting on jack stands with nothing ready to go for it.

looks like this weekend i will be cutting wood since it supposed to be in the single digits with wind gusts.

• Surprised