Built 347: What is this thing worth, should I buy it? What kind of power can I expect

So im wanting to drop some coin into my 90Gt that I just purchased, well I dont even know if i should. Please take a look at this combo and and advice if I should pick it up or not. Im not sure what is in it, but the seller says its ready to drop in and run, zero mile engine. Ive only been in the game for about a year now, please bare with my noobish questions. What sort of questions should i ask the seller if any? What is a reasonable price for this?

347 Stroker. Fully machined and assembled

Eagle 3.4 3430 Stroker Crank - New
Eagle 5.4 3430 H-Beam Rods - New
SRP 10:1 4.030 Forged Pistons - New
AFR 185 58 cc Heads
Holley Gold Rockers - New
Trick Flow EFI Intake - New
24lb Injectors
ARP Head Studs - New
ARP Main Studs - New
Main Girdle
Stock 90 block, bored, lined honed, mag'd, pressure checked, and prepped.

• Sponsors (?)

How do you know the parts they say are in there are truly inside the engine? Just a thought. I'd rather buy all those parts myself and bring it to a reputable shop and have them build it.

How do you know the parts they say are in there are truly inside the engine? Just a thought. I'd rather buy all those parts myself and bring it to a reputable shop and have them build it.

haha, i hear exactly what ur saying, that is WHY i asked the seller if he had documentation for the engine and proof of its components, Im new to this, but Im not dumb, ITS a huge purchase and i intend to get any and all documents on it IF i was to truly consider purchasing.

Pop off the oil pan and valve covers and you'll be able to see forged crank, rods, and pistons, and if it truly is a 347 stroker there will be some clearancing (notching in the block so the crank or nothing hits because of the longer stroke), and you'll see if the block was cleaned and freshly honed or not. The Arp studs will say ARP right on the tops of them, the fronts of the heads will say AFR on them, it should have blue colored injectors, I assume gold injectors, an intake that says Trickflow on it....the only thing you might not be able to 100% to tell is what kind of afr heads they are if they're 185, 205 or whatever, but you can still see if everything said is there......If he doesn't want to pop the pan or valve covers then I would be leary.

Pop off the oil pan and valve covers and you'll be able to see forged crank, rods, and pistons, and if it truly is a 347 stroker there will be some clearancing (notching in the block so the crank or nothing hits because of the longer stroke), and you'll see if the block was cleaned and freshly honed or not. The Arp studs will say ARP right on the tops of them, the fronts of the heads will say AFR on them, it should have blue colored injectors, I assume gold injectors, an intake that says Trickflow on it....the only thing you might not be able to 100% to tell is what kind of afr heads they are if they're 185, 205 or whatever, but you can still see if everything said is there......If he doesn't want to pop the pan or valve covers then I would be leary.

as far as the heads go im sure you can get the part number off them and go on afrs website and find out exactly what they are and you will be able to look and tell if this motor has a set of h beam rods in it as well

yeah, I asked the guy who had assembled them motor, he said the bottom end and the shortblock had been done at a local performance shop here in town, but that it was not blueprinted, is this an issue? The rest of the motor was assembled by himself. Thanks for that help black1987!

yeah, I asked the guy who had assembled them motor, he said the bottom end and the shortblock had been done at a local performance shop here in town, but that it was not blueprinted, is this an issue? The rest of the motor was assembled by himself. Thanks for that help black1987!

Couldn't you go to the shop and ask them if they built this motor for the guy? If there isn't a blueprint, when you go to get it tuned the tuner will not be able to get the full amount out of the motor. If he doesn't have the compression ratio or know what kind of parts are in the motor if could leave you out about 40 rwhp. Make sure that you get the paper work. Either way if you get a good price on it, its going to be alot cheaper than having one built for you.