Built Ford Tough!!!

millhouse

Founding Member
May 14, 2002
Simpsonville, SC
Take a look at the new add on the F150 at the Ford website… The All-New 2009 Ford F-150 Pickup Truck | Ford Vehicles

I know, I know….Ford (just as every other manufacturer) is going to tailor the test to suit their needs, but pay attention to how Toyota does in both the durability and corridor towing tests! It’s absolutely hilarious! There are toggles on the top picture to compare each truck to the larger video of the F150.

• Sponsors (?)

I saw those videos a while ago on youtube. That really shows how much tougher the ford truck is rigidity wise. I love the new Ford trucks. The front end grew on me over time. I will always be a ford man I think.

I hate to be the person that starts a war as I am a loyal ford person have owned a ford since I started driving but no matter what those test videos show I have brutalized my tundra and never seen my truck act anything like those videos. I towed a 1966 Lincoln 800 miles on a single axle trailer at over 80 mhp never felt it swing or sway at all. Towed 3 dune buggy's to Arkansas all on 1 trailer and again it was like they were not even back there. I tow a 30ft pontoon to the lake every weekend in the summer and it pulls that puppy around like a jet ski. I tested pulling my pontoon with a 2004 ford and my 2004 tundra before I bought the tundra and you could not compare the ride the tundra had to the f150. Anyway I like the new f150 and im sure that alot has changed in the last 4 or 5 years but I love my tundra.

I hate to be the person that starts a war as I am a loyal ford person have owned a ford since I started driving but no matter what those test videos show I have brutalized my tundra and never seen my truck act anything like those videos. I towed a 1966 Lincoln 800 miles on a single axle trailer at over 80 mhp never felt it swing or sway at all. Towed 3 dune buggy's to Arkansas all on 1 trailer and again it was like they were not even back there. I tow a 30ft pontoon to the lake every weekend in the summer and it pulls that puppy around like a jet ski. I tested pulling my pontoon with a 2004 ford and my 2004 tundra before I bought the tundra and you could not compare the ride the tundra had to the f150. Anyway I like the new f150 and im sure that alot has changed in the last 4 or 5 years but I love my tundra.

You need to realize that was a specialized test in which they simulated passing a tractor trailer at high speeds....on very wet pavement and then completely let off the accelerator. This induces trailer sway as seen in the video's....in which without a doubt the Toyota does horribly. Having the capability to tow something is only one part of the equation, as is the stability in all conditions in which you are towing.

IMHO, in the tests they provided (again, I'm sure they picked only the ones to fit their purposes) showed a clear advantage to the ford. That's not to say however each manufacturer couldn't come up with their own tests to suit their needs.

Still though, that Toyota flexed like Arnold on that river bed test! :rlaugh:

It is crazy how much better Ford trucks are than everything else. It's also funny how all Chevy has to put in their commercials to try to out-do Ford is to make fun of the "man step" that comes out of the tailgate...which by the way is ridiculously useful for getting into the bed.

It is crazy how much better Ford trucks are than everything else. It's also funny how all Chevy has to put in their commercials to try to out-do Ford is to make fun of the "man step" that comes out of the tailgate...which by the way is ridiculously useful for getting into the bed.

:stupid: there are time i really wish my 07 had those side steps the 09's have, that bed is a tall sob compared to my old 90.

btw mudduq, that 04 f150 didnt have the electronic stabiltiy control system that the 09's have, my 07 swayed its trailer on occasion helping my buddy move back up here from alabama. wasnt scary stuff, but definitly saw it moving a bit. a lot of people watching those vids wont realize that the electonics are there to fix there mistakes from inexperince/lack of attention and that driving correctly for the situations would make those systems much less a "required" feature.