bulding subframe connectors

Zacharyx

Jul 14, 2003
We were working on a club car that has the kenne brown matrix system on it and we figured we could build one as good for less. we are planning on using 1x1 14ga tubing doubled for the subframe and then a single piece for the jacking rail. So do you guys think 14ga is enough for the main rails and should we use round tube for the cross braces or stay with the square

• Sponsors (?)

it was spintech that made the stepped sub frame connectors they also use an oval section of pipe if you get there side exit if I am not mistaken. As for the why part, part of it is that I like to do things on my own and second, the tubing is not high and it will be much cheaper than buying the matrix or the globel west set. I could start with the MM connectors but I figure it would be better if I design it all together. I figure that buy using two 1 inch tudes instead of a single 1x2 will be stiffer once welded due to the added material in the center

I could start with the MM connectors but I figure it would be better if I design it all together.

Your going to try make a perfectly good design better? You might spend a few minutes simply calling MM and discussing your thoughts with them...seriously. In the end, I think they'll set you straight if you care to take their experience and expertise and learn from it. I just don't see it being worth the time, money and effort you put into making homemade subs when all you need is $119 MM XL full lengths.