Buying new 18" Chrome Rims - But I need YOUR help.

Killercanary said:

thank you sir
I need to sleep on this deal. He's sellin them for a really good price.
I'm surprised.

BlueOvalStangGT said:
The BBS's are pure sex, ill see if I can find some pictures of my friends car with them.

bbs' are pure sex huh? I gotta see this car you talk about.
post up pics if you can find any.

91LX_5L said:
those bbs are nice, I really like Boze wheels but there $$$$$$$$$

On a black car id be tempted to get some black wheels with a polished lip. Of coruse I do like my Roush's too :p

bbs' are $ too... you're lookin at $2G for the set... that's nothing to sneeze at.
you're all about the black wheels with the lip eh? with my white top i think it'd look funny though.

you do have nice chromies man.
how long have you had those rims for?

• Sponsors (?)

Killercanary said:
I know where there is a used set of rebels for sale with good front tires and bald rears. PM if you are interested and I'll give you the link.

Personally, I'd look for something COMPLETELY different than the normal wheels. The only problem is that many of the wheels that are different and look good on our cars are $$$.

I'd look for a staggered fitment if it was my car, as the wider rear looks right at home on our cars and fills in the fender nicely.

I owe Paul and Joe for helping with MY Rebles...Paul is the one that said "be different" Yeah, I would like to have been "different" with some $3k rims, but for $1k to my door, the Rebels are great. I get tons of compliments on them, and even my mechanic who said he didnt care for them at first says he really likes them now that he sees them with the spacers.

Thanks again Paul.

Good Luck Doug!
RC

Sorry if I missed it, but what are you looking to spend max? If I had the cash I'd go with Budnik Tiller wheels, but they're like $3k. Might wantt to just do a search on eBay like "18 chrome wheels" then just look around. Find something you like and then find reviews on the wheel/manufacturer. Good Luck.

BlueOvalStangGT said:
On a side note, I just looked at the price for 315/35/18 inch nittos, $277!!! Thats twice what I paid for my nittos for a 17inch tire! All my dreams of 18" saleens were just destroyed!

that's exactly why when I purchased my rims I decided to go with my 17" faleens instead of the 18". But they say the way the market's going... 18" rubber should be significantly cheaper in the near future. It'll become the 'norm'

94GTLaserRC said:
I owe Paul and Joe for helping with MY Rebles...Paul is the one that said "be different" Yeah, I would like to have been "different" with some $3k rims, but for $1k to my door, the Rebels are great. I get tons of compliments on them, and even my mechanic who said he didnt care for them at first says he really likes them now that he sees them with the spacers.

Thanks again Paul.

Good Luck Doug!
RC

That's exactly why I liked the rebels. You summed it up perfectly. The saleens are nice, but they're common. I find the rebels to be sexy too on a modest budget. $3k for rims isn't my ideal either. Thanks again dude :cheers:
If you could even post up a pic or two of your rims.

95strokerPSU said:
Sorry if I missed it, but what are you looking to spend max? If I had the cash I'd go with Budnik Tiller wheels, but they're like $3k. Might wantt to just do a search on eBay like "18 chrome wheels" then just look around. Find something you like and then find reviews on the wheel/manufacturer. Good Luck.

Thanks. I actually didn't state a budget because I wasn't really sure. It would all depend on how much I like the rim. There was another axis wheel I liked, and they're $1300. I tried the ebay trick but i got a lot of replica wheels, same as i got. I'm not sure if I feel confident with another rep anymore... we'll see.

No problem Doug! And RC!

It took me a little over 2yrs to finally decide on my wheels. I looked at everything from the saleen knock-offs to HRE's. I still love my wheels, but the aluminum they are made from is the softest aluminum I have ever seen and they scratch if you so much as touch them. Other than that I still feel I made the best choice for me and my car.

However, here are some wheels I wouldn't mind having on my car...

Boyd F22
F_22.jpg

Boyd Rebels (I only think I'd get these if they came with a reverse drop center; ie a flat lip)
Rebel.jpg

Billet Specialties SLG20 (only if its an 18" or larger wheel; I saw these in 17's on a truck and did not like them)
0000000586-prod.jpg

CCW SP500... this is sex on wheels to me!
6l.jpg

Those are just a few I like!

Killercanary said:
No problem Doug! And RC!

It took me a little over 2yrs to finally decide on my wheels. I looked at everything from the saleen knock-offs to HRE's. I still love my wheels, but the aluminum they are made from is the softest aluminum I have ever seen and they scratch if you so much as touch them. Other than that I still feel I made the best choice for me and my car.

However, here are some wheels I wouldn't mind having on my car...

CCW SP500... this is sex on wheels to me!
6l.jpg

Those are just a few I like!

NOOooooOoooo!

I thought I was the only one who knew of the CCWs.
Now my plans are shot to all hell.
They ARE sex on wheels, but they're an absolute fortune.
granted, if all goes according to plan, maybe I won't care about money after all. :rlaugh:

in all seriousness...
i would have to say paul that the first ones you posted are pretty mint too.
good post man :nice:

these are pretty sick rims that would go on any stang.

edit: quick question paul, on their site for the F22s, they list 18s to be around $620...
is that each rim???

Caldwell said:
in all seriousness...
i would have to say paul that the first ones you posted are pretty mint too.
good post man :nice:

these are pretty sick rims that would go on any stang.

edit: quick question paul, on their site for the F22s, they list 18s to be around $620...
is that each rim???

Those first Boyd wheels I posted are by far my favorite wheel right now and if I didn't have a small fortune tied up in my bogarts I would have a set of those on my car without question.

The $620 is PER WHEEL. :(

BTW- Doug, I got sick of my old chrome wheels peeling and that is why I bought polished aluminum wheels. Sure the upkeep of them is a pain in the ass, but no matter how bad they get, I can always get them looking new again with some elbow grease instead of having to look for a new set of wheels. Just something to think about...

wytstang said:
18x8/18x9.5 Weld Magnums
Sex on wheels.....

sorry dude, but i'm going to have to disagee with you on that one.
those rims look like they belong on an 80s lamborghini
80s being the key word in that sentence.

91LX_5L said:
My Roush's? Ive had them since last spring. Before them I had 18" Cobra R's polished. Gotta love chrome.

you've only had them for a year?
wow, i don't know why but it seemed to me you've had them longer.
i loved chrome too, still do, but not nearly as much anymore haha.

Killercanary said:
Those first Boyd wheels I posted are by far my favorite wheel right now and if I didn't have a small fortune tied up in my bogarts I would have a set of those on my car without question.

The $620 is PER WHEEL. :(

BTW- Doug, I got sick of my old chrome wheels peeling and that is why I bought polished aluminum wheels. Sure the upkeep of them is a pain in the ass, but no matter how bad they get, I can always get them looking new again with some elbow grease instead of having to look for a new set of wheels. Just something to think about...

i would do the ccws without question. I would probably toss on 19s though, just to be a different sob. but those boyds are absolutel gorgeous, a close second in my book. you seriously debating on the boyds though?

it is $620 per wheel eh? :eek:
ccws guaranteed LOL
but see this is my thing, if i were to blow that much cash on those types of rims, i'm sorry, but they're not going with the car when i sell them. they go with the next car that i buy.

i know, you're right, and that's what drives me nuts. i love chrome though, it has this deep look to it that i just can't find anywhere else. granted, those ccw rims are my favourite and they're polished, so exceptions can be made, but i'm just fighting to do so.
all i really needed in my corner was a company to stand behind their product. I think that's where all my bitterness comes from.

wytstang said:
Does anybody know if polished rims have the same peeling problems Chrome have or is this an isolated incident? BBK RS....
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=631043

hm, misery loves company.

that sucks though, bbk rims are expensive.
i'd be fuming...
hell, my rims weren't cheap, i'm fumin too!

polished shouldn't peel because they're not plated?
i wouldn't think they would be plated.