C&L inlet tube question? VS. MAC CAI.

license2ill said:
I ordered a cold air tube from Roush ($65 shipped to me in 3 days), attached it to the stock MAF w/o screen, and then hooked it up to the stock airbox housing which I all but cut away except for one of the rubber stop things on the bottom of it. I Needed to buy a foot of some fairly small diameter rubber hose, make two 1/4 inch spacers out of some 3/4 inch tubing, and had to purchase two smaller size hose clamps to get everything to fit like a glove. I spent a little less than $70 total for the whole cold air intake. IMO, I think it would work great for anyone with the C&L or Dragon plenum who's looking for a cost-efficient alternative to a 150 to 200 dollar plus cold air kit and doesn't want the look of a "plumbing style" 100% homeade CAI. I ported and polished my upper plenum and added a UPR o/r x-pipe and the car sounds like a friggin' Harley at WOT. Much more of a snarl to it than a rasp. Absolutely wicked:nice: I'll attach a picture of my cold air intake below for y'all:
256362_146_full.jpg

I don't believe the Roush pipe will fit anything but the stock 65mm TB and the stock MAF. I asked them via e-mail and that's what they told me. Looks good on your car though.

The C&L is made to fit the 75mm TB and their 80mm MAF.

• Sponsors (?)

2000GT said:
I don't believe the Roush pipe will fit anything but the stock 65mm TB and the stock MAF.
You're right about the fit. However, the guy who runs fnsweet.com hooked it up to his 75mm TB, but I am not sure what size his MAF was. He's got a Roush Stage 3 so I'm assuming that the MAF on his car might be larger than a stock GT's:shrug: I don't really know for sure and I don't know how the hell he got it to fit because mine was a tight fit - so much so that I had to apply some WD-40 around the edge of the tube in order to get it to fit on. But if you're at all interested, here is the article in case you ever want to check it out:http://www.fnsweet.com/garage/cai/index.shtml

And yeah, FinalFantasy99'... Where'd you get that heat shield at? It looks great!:nice:

FinalFantasy99' said:
I got it from www.steeda.com you have to email/call one of the sales reps I forgot the part number, Sorry

Just tell them you are looking to buy the heat shield from there CAI Kit!!!!!

Also I found one at CR Motorsports its for the plastic heat shield that goes with the C&L MAF Kit !!!!!!

Hope that helps!

thanks!!! do you remember how much steeda charged jsut for hte shield?

I think a piece of sheet metal would do the trick. I think they even have some that comes treated on one side for heat resistance. Home Depot here I come!! Depending on how it goes, I'll do a post and if anyone's interested I'll be selling them dirt cheap. I'm sick of gougers!