camaro vs. mustang

I am just doubting it's got the old motor. If it does, it will be an easy kill because it's probally down to 140hp by now, but some of these GM crate motors are pretty good for the money.

• Sponsors (?)

sometimes I wonder if it has a slight cam in mine. At a idle it lopes alittle. I did a compression test and all cylinders are about 150. Engine runs stronge and perfect. So yea it hauls some ass. I went on a back road and did a 1/4 mile test and ran 90 mph the 1st run and the 2nd time I hit 92 mph. So I personally think I would kill his car.

mercurycapri said:
sometimes I wonder if it has a slight cam in mine. At a idle it lopes alittle. I did a compression test and all cylinders are about 150. Engine runs stronge and perfect. So yea it hauls some ass. I went on a back road and did a 1/4 mile test and ran 90 mph the 1st run and the 2nd time I hit 92 mph. So I personally think I would kill his car.

No offense but either you think your car is alittle faster then it is or your calculations are very off, 92mph in the 1/4 would probably net you around mid to high 15's, and also the mph traps at the track are before the finish line, so your actually going alittle faster when you get to the 1/4 then the timeslip says. The torque may make it seem quick.

didnt the 86 5.0's also have the e6 heads?

mob said:
No offense but either you think your car is alittle faster then it is or your calculations are very off, 92mph in the 1/4 would probably net you around mid to high 15's, and also the mph traps at the track are before the finish line, so your actually going alittle faster when you get to the 1/4 then the timeslip says. The torque may make it seem quick.

didnt the 86 5.0's also have the e6 heads?

92mph 1/4 can be as fast as high 14s. The 1/4 mile traps are actually pretty accurate, they get a reading before and at the line and take an average, If you trap 92 you can give or take half a mph. A stock 86 capri is a high 14 sec car at best.

86-93 all have true flat tops, 86 doesn't have valve reliefs.

90mustangGT said:
It is a flat top CAST piston, No dish, no valve relief. Not even usefull for a butt-plug.

Some people run E7s with good results since the pistons raise compression alittle, but some people's E7's valves hit the 86 pistons. You can run TFS heads on an 86 engine.

Tonys89GT said:
How in the hell do you make a 350 with only 175 hp? They prolly spent more time figuring out how to make a 50% VE engine, than they would have if they just figured out how to get better mileage!!

its the governments fault, they imposed emissions regulations and the technology wasnt there to make up for it. Now with better deveopled catalytic converters, EFI, and computer controlled components you can have a V8 that makes 400+ hp and pass emissions standards.

the 1978 5.0L mustang made 134 horsepower :)