Can't Find a Four Eye'd Fox

• Sponsors (?)

Could always look out west ;)

Mustang Convertible 1986 LX 5.0

I looked at this car a few months back when I was searching. I liked it quite a bit, but something about it just made it not "the one" for me. I think its because its an AOD car. Ran great, but needed paint and some maintenance because the owner has not driven it much in the last 3 years. (low fluids, brakes need to be bled, top torn) Interior was in beautiful shape. He hasnt sold it yet, and its been for sale for a few months now.

1986 mustang

Another AOD car. But perfect if you are looking for a project. You can play with it as is, and build another 5.0L on the side and prepare for a 5spd swap.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/1734830920.html

5 speed, but carburated (which id rather not have if i was going with a Fox... just preference though)

What's your budget? You could buy either one of those and have it shipped back home for less than $3,500.

:::disclaimer, this isnt 4-eyed pride:::

If i was you this is what i would do find a nice clean aero car, which you can buy way cheaper then a four eye car in the same condition, and swap the nose over of your favorite four eye. Some people look down on this but really who gives a **** its your car, make it yours and how you like it. Personally, i just like the look of the 86 nose while still having the newer moldings and interior. Just keep looking, eventually you will find something but dont settle just cause you want a car now.

Look here also
Mustangs For Sale/Wanted, 1987-1993 - Corral Forums
Mustangs For Sale/Wanted, 1979-1986 - Corral Forums

And check on EBAY, i found my notch on there and my F-250, my truck i got a screamin deal on and they were both within 2.5 hours from me, dont be scared about going a long distance for something either, but before you go ask for pictures of EVERYTHING and make a decision whether your commited to buy it before you go to look at it. If the owner dosent take the time to give you pictures then obviously dont bother looking at it

Ya know that never crossed my mind..well i didn't know i could do it either, but yea. How hard is it to do that..the whole nose switching thing

Well, my advice to you is just keep saving, and looking around, when they come available for sale, they usually go fast. Just keep saving, and make your goal to get a 5.0 HO 86 Stang.. At least where you live there will be less rust/rot compared to N.Y. where I'm at.. I did hear an 86 was for sale last month, but my budget is focused on my 2010 GT right now. I will keep my eyes open for something south of me w/ 4 eyes and a 5.0 HO under the hood for you!

Thanks man

Not hard at all, just unbolt the old bumper, and rewire the headlights and turn signals.

And the wiring is easy cuz all of the fox bodies are color coded the same way for exterior lighting wiring.

BTW, my 93 was a little more involved cuz I used the headlights and grill from an 80 Capri. But to swap a whole 4-eye nose is a matter of 14 bolts and unplug all lights for the bumper cover. Then the actual bumper may need to be swapped, which I think is another 8 bolts, if memory serves me correctly.

Not hard at all, just unbolt the old bumper, and rewire the headlights and turn signals.

And the wiring is easy cuz all of the fox bodies are color coded the same way for exterior lighting wiring.

BTW, my 93 was a little more involved cuz I used the headlights and grill from an 80 Capri. But to swap a whole 4-eye nose is a matter of 14 bolts and unplug all lights for the bumper cover. Then the actual bumper may need to be swapped, which I think is another 8 bolts, if memory serves me correctly.

I'm glad their color coded because me and wires don't exactly get along very well. I have to say thats my weakest point. Now I do have a feelin i'm thinkin changin the bumper is easier than it really is, but I'll make sure to keep my other car until I've done that.

If you can afford it keep both cars cause it sucks having a car for your fun times that you have to rely on, cause chances are your gonna be working on it, and need something to run to the parts store with it.

Also, wiring isnt that bad, its intimidating but just doing the headlights shouldnt be that bad, just splicing them since you have everything you need.