Car is gonna be for sale again, questinos on price

DarkProphet

Founding Member
Aug 19, 2002
Quakertown, PA
In order to afford living on my own, I have to sell the mustang once it gets completed (motor still being swapped in).
How much is the car worth?

it has:
gt40x heads
B cam
crane rockers
94.95 cobra intake
bbk 70mm tb
c&l 73mm maf
36lb injectors
Powerdyne 9# blower with bypass valve
FRPP alum drive shaft
BBk headers
Flowmaster catback
offroad H pipe

18" bullit wheels with new tires
kyb shocks
steeda strut tower brace
steeda springs
steeda bumpsteer kit
steeda x2 balljoints
autometer tach and boostgauge
upr quadrant
upr shiftknob
upr tach bracket
2000 GT wing
cobra R hood
Cobra front bumper with foglights
Clear headlights/corners

2165706_8_full.jpg

2165706_2_full.jpg

The car has 107k miles on it, but the new motor only has 20k. All the suspension work was done in the last year, along with almost every other mod done to it. I think thats it. The car is in good condition, with the exceptions being the hood has a few cracks in the front of it, which can be fixed because its fiberglass. The rear bumper has "spider cracks" in it in the one corner that you dont notice unless the light hits it right. The car will also be untuned so it probably wont drive right at all. Anyone have any ideas how much I could get for it?

• Sponsors (?)

Dude, everyone I know who has done stuff to their Mustangs thinks they can sell it for $10k. Yours is really nice but you should realize that its going to break your balls to sell it, especially at such a loss for the money you have put into it. I have no idea how old you are or how attached you are to your car but I would say f-moving out. Save for a year and then move out. Your car is really nice, I have sevaral pics of it on my computer.

If you are dead set on selling it ebay it and say something stupid like it runs 10's and with the supercharger it puts out like 500rwhp (you should know I am not at all serious but the point Im trying to make is exagerate the hell out of its capibilities so you can dump it quick to some fool). Whats that saying? Never expect a racer to tell the truth? You'd have to be dishonest for only a little bit, then you would have some extra cash in your pocket. Yeah I sound like a scum bag for saying this and others may think the same of you if you lie out your ass but its ebay-people do that all the time.

Fyi, I knew from the minute I started looking to buy a stang that I would never get anything out of it should I choose to sell-thats why its my car for life. Someone would have to offer me a lot more than its worth for me to dump it. I put lots of $$ into it like yourself- the parts on my car are worth more than the whole thing itself but when I finish the combo up like I planned it will be sick-kind of like yours.
Put it away somewhere (like a friend/relatives garage) save up-move out-get a real job (god knows I am looking for one) then get back to it. My cousin has an 11 sec fox body that he spent way too much on. He said screw it, bought a $36k tailor for it, got a real job-now he is making a killing in florida selling houses. Now he is planning on getting a Escalade or H2 and getting back into the 1/4mile game with a full crew. It just took him 5-6 yrs.
Why give up when you have something so nice?
-fawcett

im not looking to get 10k out of it, I would honestly be happy with 8k at this point.

I would GIVE you the t handle shifter (good eye) but i gave it away like 3 days ago.

Im 19 years old and am going to school for computer engineering. I have a chance to move in with my two best friends, but Im not sure that I can afford to own this car, a second as a daily driver and pay rent. I still have 3 years of school left. I know once I graduate ill be making good money, and wont have to worry, its just getting to that point that worries me.

That sucks you need to sell it. Your car is sick.

Like said, I would ask 8-9 but if you don't NEED to sell it, put it out there for 10k, you will get it eventually. The Honda dealership I work at sold a 97 Cobra with 50,000 miles, not near the beauty of your car, for 16,000$!!

Good luck with the sale if it comes down to it.

$16k for a 97 Cobra. I know the thing goes up in value because of the engine/name but thats soo much!
You could get something newer with 50k or less on the odometer. I know we talked earlier through AIM but f-selling it, keep it. Im not the only one saying this. I know we all reach a point where we need to grow up but adults seem to find a way to maintain financial security live a nice life and have nice toys, college kids have been known to do the same (you know what I did we talked about it). Keep your mind open for those things that can make you money AND let you keep your ride.
Again-its sick, KEEP IT!
YOU CAN FIND A (smart) WAY TO MAKE THINGS WORK!
-fawcett

DarkProphet said:
im not looking to get 10k out of it, I would honestly be happy with 8k at this point.

I would GIVE you the t handle shifter (good eye) but i gave it away like 3 days ago.

Im 19 years old and am going to school for computer engineering. I have a chance to move in with my two best friends, but Im not sure that I can afford to own this car, a second as a daily driver and pay rent. I still have 3 years of school left. I know once I graduate ill be making good money, and wont have to worry, its just getting to that point that worries me.

Is your car payed off? If so.. there's is no point in selling that BAD BOY. And if you do sell it you will kick your self in the ass for the rest of your life trust me. DON'T SELL IT!

I agree. It all comes down to if you want to be the guy who tells his kid "Well, I USED to have this really cool Mustang. I wish I would have kept it."

I don't know how many times I have heard older people tell this story...

its completely paid off at this point. I dont want to sell it. But i DO need a daily driver, and at this point i dont care what it is as long as it drives. But i dont know that I can afford to get another car + more insurance. I just have alot of things to do at one time. Im trying to move into a house with my friends, and Ill need a car in a few months to get around (co-op for my school starts in early april). I just really need to sit down and see what I can do. If i hold back moving in until later this year, I could afford everything, and it would be fine, but Im not sure if i can do that.

Why don't you put it in storage and drop the insurance until later in the year when you can afford it? If they give you flack about not having insurance, just say you sold the car, then later in the year, you buy it back.
Brandon

Always list your car for more than you want.
You say you'll TAKE $8G, then you list it for $9-10G
It is always easier to come DOWN in price than it is to go UP.

besides...
if a car is listed higher, you're going to get more peoples' attention

for instance
"oh, why is this car more money?"

People get curious when they see a car listed a bit higher than average... it means that the car they are looking at is above average in its kept state. So long as you think you can make it seem that way too... so appearance is everything... if it LOOKS like a million dollars, then you will SELL it for a million dollars.

I'm listing my car this April and I'll tell you one thing, I know I can get $14G CDN for my car, I always already offered it.
But you best believe come April it's going to be listed higher than that.
Pft, why not? Let the buyer realize it's worth less than you say it is. That's not your responsibility.

Not to say you don't have a nice car, you do... and so do i.
But rule #1: Buyer beware.

Not... seller beware.

Good luck :cheers:

Gonna chime in here. Haven't read the whole post, though. My advice: dont sell it. Theres no reason to. It's paid for and you can store it for a while if you need. My car goes home for the winter (I live in the mountains) and I dropped insurance down to just comprehensive. I don't have anything else, I had to turn in the tag, and the comprehensive covers the car if the garage catches fire (homeowners won't cover it). So for insurance right now I'm paying about $10 a month. That's pretty cheap. You can find a POS daily driver for about $2k or so and just drive that until you graduate. I don't know what prices are for rent around where you live but I would think that maybe you could afford rent and a car payment on a POS for a few years. Another thing is look at financial aid to help cover school expenses. You can get student loans to help pay rent and such and then repay it when you graduate.

i live in pa and use my stang as a daily driver. Sure i dont have as many mods as you but I still manage. My advise would be to keep the car and sell the supercharger that way it'll be easier to drive during the winter, etc. And that'll give you some extra cash for rent.

Another suggestion would be to find a cheap beater for like 1-2k.

another point is if you are going to sell and want the most money out of it, wait till its spring or something when its warmer outside when people really enjoy having verts and would be more interested in buying one.
i personally wouldn't sell it, thats just me. why dont you unstrap that blower and sell that for cash and buy a beater with the money to drive back and forth with? sounds like a pretty decent idea to me.