car spearksers

96v6firstcar

Jul 22, 2003
maine
ok i have pioneer ts-d68or speakers all around.. suposidly the best ones pioneer makes, they retail for about 200 a pair (not what i paid). anyways when i got these i didnt know much about car audio and figured if i bought the best pioneer made id be impressed... well heres my delema,

the speakers dont sound that good at all... i mean there ok but when i crank up the tunes like i always do they sound decent at best. so heres my question,

will putting an amp to them really change the sound like i have been told it will(even on the crutchfield site it says they sound much better with an amp)? ...im def planning on amping them but i wanna get the 2001 gt first before i drop any more money

i know its not my head unit because i have a pioneer 9813 (that thing is SICK)

thanks guys

-jim

• Sponsors (?)

Didn't you post this before? http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?p=3338841#post3338841
Check to see if they're still running off the factory amplifier. If they are, you can either hardwire them to run off the HU, or get an amplifier bypass wiring kit. Then, yo u should be able to adjust the crossover through the HU. Try high-passing them at 60-80Hz and see if that helps. Running them off an amp will definetly help, and giving them about 75w RMS will be fine.

also, a lot of high performance speakers assume that you will get something else to supply the bass. So when you get top of the line speakers you get good subs with an amp at the same time. This is so there won't be distortion or confusion of the speaker as to where to put the sound, bass or treble. Try a sub when you get the amp