Caster / camber plate strut height adjustment

Hey guys, here's the deal...I have the Steeda 3-bolt caster/camber plates on my car with Tokico Premimum Performance struts up front, and Eibach pro-kit springs.

When I hit big bumps, or dips in the road I'm bottoming out. So I called Steeda, and the guy told me that I need to use the "step up one" adjustment for the strut height. Well, when they were installed, they were set at the stock height adjustment.

My question is, can I unbolt the plate to change the height adjustment without taking the strut out of the car? I assume that I should be ok if I leave my car on the ground, and take out the three bolts that hold the plate on...because I need to reverse the bushing and spacer configuration (for those that know what I'm talking about). Is this feasable of am I going to have to spend a lot of time taking everything apart and re-doing it?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

To do the ”step up one " method that Steeda suggested you’ll need to reverse the short silver bushing with the long gold bushing and to do that you’ll need to either retract the strut or unbolt the plate so that you can swap the bushings.
Either method I’d suggest another front end alignment because you’ve changed the setting you how have. Just my $.02

View attachment 498911

View attachment 498913

ALMOST STOCK said:
To do the ”step up one " method that Steeda suggested you’ll need to reverse the short silver bushing with the long gold bushing and to do that you’ll need to either retract the strut or unbolt the plate so that you can swap the bushings.
Either method I’d suggest another front end alignment because you’ve changed the setting you how have. Just my $.02

From the diagram you posted, also the instructions I have at home, it looks like I'd have to reverse what I have now.

Right now I have the short bushing & spacer on top, with the long bushing on bottom...the Stock height setup.

But, for "up one step" I need to have the short bushing and spacer on bottom, with the long bushing on top...correct?

And I can do all this by just taking the plate off? Thanks again!

But, for "up one step" I need to have the short bushing and spacer on bottom, with the long bushing on top...correct?
Correct!

If you remove the strut nut thru the short silver bushing and then remove the nuts from the stud plate that hold the TOP PLATE in place (see diagram below) you'll be able to reverse the bushing from the way you have them now.