Civic Si

From a dig you should waste him. From a roll it would be a much closer run.

Apparently you guys arent noticing what the civics are trapping. Only about 1MPH behind my car when it had a K&N on it.

You dont know how many PI GTs iv watched at the track that cant even break out of the 15s and trap 92-97MPH. MOST guys are running mid-high 14s and most trap about 95-96 or so. Thats very close to the civics territory.

Bottom line is that yes the GT is faster stock vs stock....but not as much as you guys would like to think. Stock NPI guys would get pulled on up top...heck stock NPI cars barely pull on my dads 00 V6 stang.

So NPI guys MOD or you better be on top of you game and hope the other driver sucks.

PI guys, dont get to confedent and not give the race your all, or you might loose.

• Sponsors (?)

I'll still race them, who cares. The honda boards are littered with stories of "mustang kills" anyways, true or not. What can you lose, if you come out on top you can tell everyone, and if they do they'll just post another kill story on their forum that no one will believe.

you need to see where they were run and where your car was run to compare traps. if the civic si was ran in the northeast in springtime with a negitive da number then YEAH it's going to be damm close to the trap you had in hot as hell texas with a da number in the 3,000 range..

up here they run in the 93-95 range, I traped 100 stock.. that is about the same difference as I am behind a LS-1 M6 and those things RAPE me.

My car can't see a 95 mph trap no matter how the weather is. I have trapped 94s only a few times and that was when a group of us from Stangnet met at Houston Raceway. The temperature was in the 30-40 degree area that night so the car should have been pretty much at its peak potential. It was windy though.

I have been trapping in the 93s since (and even 92.5+ ever now and then :nonono:) so I doubt the civic would be much off compared to my times.

I once had a site that would correct times for me (or atleast give me the DA) but now can't find it. Could you please give me a link so I could find out if I could "correct" my times to a 14.6** :rlaugh: I was only hoping to run a 14.85 that night though ran a 14.700 so I couldn't really complain, however, I would have really liked to run a 14.6** :D

FOUND A SITE:http://www.mustangforums.com/m_179265/tm.htm

I'll stick with my 14.700 :rlaugh: Somewhat awkard that I ran in a -DA according to the number so i'll stick with it :)

After looking at those numbers, they trap higher than I do in my NPI and not much slower at all.

The SI would likely pull me on the street :(

Well actually I thought of a few of you guys on here while I typed that....as in, your expemted from the list. :D
You wouldnt have much problem at the track with them, because your alot faster than the adverage NPI car.
MOST seem to run lower 15s...and iv literly had one BARELY pull away on the street from my dads 00 V6. It traps 87MPH....so yours would drive away.
Your alot closer to teh PI range IMO....many PI guys dont get the ET/trap you are getting and your AUTO!

SVTtech yes that is a consideration...and I realize that, but the DA around here is usually around 1500' . My car took quite abit of work to make it to 100MPH traps...100MPH definatly wasnt in it stock IMO.
Even with the DA down to @ sea lv or below and full bolton my car was doing 101.2 in a 20MPH headwind. (40' track alt and about 50*s outside)

For example, a local guy has a bone stock m6 SS LS1 camaro...car runs lower 13s @ "I think it was around 109". Another M6 guy runs 109 with a lid. Yet another M6 guy trapped 106 when stock. Another guy with a few boltons runs 110. And yet another with a WS6 TA M6 runs 109 with all the free mods and a few boltons launching @ idle.
Most of the M6s that I watch run at the track run 106-109. In otherwords they trap 10MPH+ HIGHER than stock 99-04 GTs.

Difference between an LS1 and a GT mustang is quite abit....IMO its MUCH more than the difference between our cars and the SI.
But thats been my observasion...not sayings its life or anything. :nice:

Well actually I thought of a few of you guys on here while I typed that....as in, your expemted from the list. :D
You wouldnt have much problem at the track with them, because your alot faster than the adverage NPI car.
MOST seem to run lower 15s...and iv literly had one BARELY pull away on the street from my dads 00 V6. It traps 87MPH....so yours would drive away.
Your alot closer to teh PI range IMO....many PI guys dont get the ET/trap you are getting and your AUTO!

I really don't consider myself faster than most of the npi automatic guys :shrug: Lately I have been running in the 14.8 range since the heat is back finally:p Trapping back in the high 92s and low 93s as well :( Gotta love Texas :D

I wish I was in the PI range being that they generally are running 13.9-14.0 here :nice:

I really don't consider myself faster than most of the npi automatic guys :shrug: Lately I have been running in the 14.8 range since the heat is back finally:p Trapping back in the high 92s and low 93s as well :( Gotta love Texas :D

I wish I was in the PI range being that they generally are running 13.9-14.0 here :nice:
I hear ya...The track I go to is only 12 feet above sea level but the freakin heat and humidity is killer. I haven't been to the track all winter due to my work schedule. Now that it has changed it is getting hot again. :(

I ran an 06 GT last Saturday. He traps 101 to my 103 but he got me a half length out of the hole and put about a length on me at the 1/4. Of course he was an auto so he can just mash the gas and go. If I'm not watching the tach I tend to shift higher than I should. I need a shift light.

Man, I guess my car was on the low side from the factory or something. My best time stock...well with a K&N was a 14.4 @ 96.5MPH with a 2.2 60'. Im sure I could have worked it into the 13s, but that was my first trip to the strip in the car and I had only ran my dads 00 V6 a few months before, a few times one night....otherwise no drag experiance. So maybe that was the problem.

Anywho, I never trap any better when I run at HRP...my ET just drops a bit due to them doing a great job with prep.

My 12.79 @ 108.8 run was @ SAR with a 488 DA and I went down to HRP (only difference was I had my street tires/rims and was full weight....@ SAR I had 15s W/ DRs and pulled the spare) and I ran a 13.20 @ 106.X on about a 60*day.
Car wasnt running right at all either....had a pretty bad miss in it for some reason...car never seems to run right down there :shrug: .
Maybe its because the EEC is used to running at higher altitude and it freaks out when I drop 500ft. :rlaugh:

BTW the first place I should run it after the turbos go on is @ HRP Friday night after the FFW event closes for the night. FFW charges an arm and a leg while they are renting the track...its crazy, so I wait unto the track goes back to HRP lol. Price to run drops about $100 LOL

My car acts strange at times at the track also :rlaugh: I'll trap the 93-94 range all night, and then a week later i'll trap in the 92 when the weather seems better even.

I thought I had my 14.6 on a run but for some reason the car just lost top end power. My 14.700 run looks like this:
60': 2.165 (not too bad)
330': 6.175
1/8: 9.464
MPH: 75.38
1000': 12.302
1/4: 14.700
MPH: 93.62

The run that I felt I had a 14.6** was like:
60': 2.140 (good 60' for a NPI auto ;))
330': 6.132 (a bit faster than the 14.700 run)
1/8: 9.432
MPH: 75.00 (lost MPH compared to 14.700 run)
1000': 12.29 (still running faster compared to 14.7)
1/4: 14.712 (gah.. lost it up top :()
MPH: 92.74 (mph was way off :nonono:)

It's hit and miss when it comes to my car :rlaugh: I'll try one more time this upcoming Friday to hit the 14.6s in the current stage, though will change some things up afterwards.

SVTtech yes that is a consideration...and I realize that, but the DA around here is usually around 1500' . My car took quite abit of work to make it to 100MPH traps...100MPH definatly wasnt in it stock IMO.
Even with the DA down to @ sea lv or below and full bolton my car was doing 101.2 in a 20MPH headwind. (40' track alt and about 50*s outside)

For example, a local guy has a bone stock m6 SS LS1 camaro...car runs lower 13s @ "I think it was around 109". Another M6 guy runs 109 with a lid. Yet another M6 guy trapped 106 when stock. Another guy with a few boltons runs 110. And yet another with a WS6 TA M6 runs 109 with all the free mods and a few boltons launching @ idle.
Most of the M6s that I watch run at the track run 106-109. In otherwords they trap 10MPH+ HIGHER than stock 99-04 GTs.

Difference between an LS1 and a GT mustang is quite abit....IMO its MUCH more than the difference between our cars and the SI.
But thats been my observasion...not sayings its life or anything. :nice:

maybe the air up here is just that good, because I was trapping 100 stock.. and 101 plus with 4.10's K+N filter and sct 91 octane tune.. I never did get to run with the off road x

^You (d98GT) going to be at FFW? I think A few guys on here will be going...hopefully we can raid the staging lanes and just have mustangs running one after another for a little while. :D

Sorry OT :( Back to the "on topicness" of civics :scratch: .

The 100 mph stock trap makes me incredibly jealous :cry:

I can't even manage a 95, though I am likely going to do the PI intake before the PI cams (due to money for install ;)) and will attempt to hit a 95 trap with just the intake.

maybe the air up here is just that good, because I was trapping 100 stock.. and 101 plus with 4.10's K+N filter and sct 91 octane tune.. I never did get to run with the off road x

Cars always run better the further north you go for some reason lol. I guess North air > Southern air HAHAHA. I notice like the guys in Canada usually run very well. But good job with those runs....those are awsome traps none the less IMO.

But like you said, there are SO many variables...comparing traps really isnt very accurate. Even from guys who run at the same track I do. Guy with an 02GT said he trapped 103....and at that time I trapped 101.x. We ran on the highway and we were DEAD even through the top of 4th :shrug: . So yea a few MPH difference could just be weather and doesnt truely mean 1 car is faster than the other.

Ls1 cars seem to run great wherever lol....not sure where the civics stand though :rlaugh: .

lol @ the edit. You *hotmustang331* want to pay my entry fee for the true street bracket class? ;) I don't run 12s and faster like many of those cars do, so I have to hit the bracket races :rlaugh:

I have never been to FFW and it definitly looks to be an awesome event. I will go this may for sure :nice:

I'll likely be making the 30 mile drive each day to attend. I'm really considering running in the brackets since the car is consistent (It's an automatic--it has no choice:D)

I would really love to have my cams and intake installed by then--though it is doubtful that I would have the cams since the install is around $400 or so. I can do the intake myself though :nice: