Classic Car Original Build Specs

akurtz13

Nov 29, 2005
Marathon, WI
I am looking for a way to determine what original equipment of my '69 fastback is. The vehicle was redone as a MACH 1 Clone, but has a 302 vs. stated as 351 orginal engine. I do not have the build plate, but I do have the VIN. Is there a website that would I could access to enter my VIN and get a build list?

• Sponsors (?)

akurtz13 said:
I am looking for a way to determine what original equipment of my '69 fastback is. The vehicle was redone as a MACH 1 Clone, but has a 302 vs. stated as 351 orginal engine. I do not have the build plate, but I do have the VIN. Is there a website that would I could access to enter my VIN and get a build list?

Yes, you can call the Ford customer assistance line and request a VIN history report for your car. The person I talked to called it a build sheet. Anyway, it takes about 4-6 weeks and is FREE. I just got mine in the mail yesterday!

Realmongo said:
Yes, you can call the Ford customer assistance line and request a VIN history report for your car. The person I talked to called it a build sheet. Anyway, it takes about 4-6 weeks and is FREE. I just got mine in the mail yesterday!

how do you go about getting in touch with these people?