Cobra manifold swap 91 lx temp sensor?

rblaine9000

Mar 30, 2005
I swapped my stock gt manifold to cobra up and low. Ran into a problem! there was not a location for my coolant temperature and I assume that the cobra has a diffrent neck for hose that has a sensor location in it ? don't know I have been searching the swap threads for hours and have not seen this question. Hope someone has the answer thanks!!!!!!!!:shrug: :shrug: :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think that the ACT sensor is what I am talking about.this sensor when in the stock manifold was located in a coolant port near the front of engine on the drivers side and it was used for engine temp.thanks though

94-95 Cobra intakes did not have a bung for the ACT sensor. Neither did explorers.

The ACT sensor lives in the intake runner for #5 cylinder.

The ECT sensor lives in the water piping that connects to the heater & EGR coolant lines.

the engine coolant temp sensor is what he is talking about not the ECT. The lower you have is not a 93 Cobra variety or the hole would be there - as mentioned, it's either a SN Cobra lower or an Explorer lower. 9/16" drill and a 3/8 NPT tap will fix you up. Or, use the 9/16 and 3/8 NPT on the stock thermostat housing blank well (drill and tap) and move it there.