coil over install (maximum motorsports) question?

jetuomi

Founding Member
Jan 30, 2002
Toronto, ON
Guys, we're putting in coil overs all around and the wierd thing is the spring is so short that if the car is lifted (or gets somehow airborn) the springs are loose and can move around, is this normal?

just curious..

thanks a lot !

• Sponsors (?)

stang22 said:
What C/C plates are you using? Do you have the spacers in the right position on top of the strut? I assume you are talking about the front end right now?

Tim

yessir, guess this is standard, once the car has weight on it, its fine, so, I guess no dukes of hazzard style car jumping for me.. :D

anyone who has these coil-overs, I'd love to hear if you've had problems with this setup? doesn't seem to be any issues once there is weight on the springs..

I run C/O's, but they are not MM's. When I jack the car up, there is about 1 inch travel if that, but I don't ever worry about the Dukes of Hazzard syndrome. It all depends on your C/O's, struts, spacers, C/C plates and ride height that determine how much play you have, if any.

Tim

stang22 said:
I run C/O's, but they are not MM's. When I jack the car up, there is about 1 inch travel if that, but I don't ever worry about the Dukes of Hazzard syndrome. It all depends on your C/O's, struts, spacers, C/C plates and ride height that determine how much play you have, if any.

Tim

as the car gets lowered there is more play.. do you have a SN95? if not then the fox struts are slightly shorter so you wouldn't have as much play (if that makes sense?).. haha, thanks for the reassurance.. (I don't ever go dukes of hazzard, except toronto roads are that bad!)

:nice:

jetuomi said:
as the car gets lowered there is more play..

As the car gets lowered, shouldn't the strut start to compact, which makes the spring compress? Maybe I just misunderstood what you were reffering to, no biggy.

MM makes some of the best products and they have online instructions for everything they make or manufactor. As long as you followed those instructions, you will be set. Have fun!

Tim

stang22 said:
As the car gets lowered, shouldn't the strut start to compact, which makes the spring compress? Maybe I just misunderstood what you were reffering to, no biggy.

MM makes some of the best products and they have online instructions for everything they make or manufactor. As long as you followed those instructions, you will be set. Have fun!

Tim

haha, I meant, with the car 1 inch off the ground as I lower the car, ie: turn the spring down the spring gets loose (which is obvious I see now, hahaha).. but yeah, the car should be a beast on the highway now (and finally track straight) and turn corners like a beast, w/ 375 springs up front, 225 out back .. :D

and yes, followed instructions to the tee..