Considering changing my timing set w/ cam swap

go-stang5.0

Jan 27, 2003
Glenview,Il
Ed recommends a billet timing set and my old Pro gear setup that DSS installed isnt. However it only has like 10k-15k miles on it. I will prolly check it for chail slop before I buy a new one...but I'd like to know what replacement I should get before I rip everything apart. Any suggestions...money isnt an issue up to $200:p . So basically no belt drives or that Ford racing hi-vo timing set. BTW I am going to install the cam straight up and probably never make any adjustments so none of that hex adjust, etc. is nescessary.

• Sponsors (?)

Apperently the owner or Romac is trying to retire and sell the company. Hopefully the new owners (when someone buys) will keep up the good work. I really like my balancer from them and Rollmaster was my first google search but didn't come up with much as far as prices. So summit and jegs was next. Hey grady why dont you buy Romac they only want $2.35 million for the company...plus thats in Australian Dollars so its pretty cheap.:D

Yea they are selling them now....heres what he sent me...

Here's what we stock and use...

Rollmaster Billet Timing Set Nitrided w-Roller Bearing: $195

Modified Cam Retainer w-hardware for above: $60

- or -

Rollmaster Billet Timing Set w-Brass Thrust Spacer: $135

Roller Bearing Cam Retaining Thrust Plate: $95

Ed

I dont know the difference....:shrug: . Never looked that hard into timing sets.