Curious......(Engine Conversion Question)

PuppyDawg

Nov 20, 2003
Boston,MA
Hey guys....

Just curious...what's the weirdest engine conversion you guys heard of on our stangs?.....and what were the results? (Again) my second car is a 86 300zx and i've seen a chevy small block conversion and also i seen a VG30DETT (1993 300zx twin turbo) engine put inside one of these too, i'm sure you guys got some stories,lol.......trying to get to know the limitations of my stang too,lol.

• Sponsors (?)

I've heard of the twin turbo conversion from other Nissan's in those cars...

Stang's are limitless, you can turbo a V8, you could put in a Turbo 4 banger (SVO)....or...anything, even a T-Bird motor.

Almost any Ford motor will convert into a Stang....including the biggest of bigblocks ;)

I haven't seen any really wild ones in the Stangs (I'm sure they exist, just haven't seen them) - seems that often the conversions go the other way; people take Stang engines and put them in something else. Not that I have any personal experience with that...

I have 2 acquaintances that have V-8 powered second generation RX7's with V-8's - one here in K'ville that's 302 powered; one in Oregon that's 350 Chevy powered. Fairly straightforward swap. Don't know why anyone would go the other way - the Stang's a bit heavier than the RX7 - and the rotary, even the turbo version, is down on torque. Wouldn't be much fun - that's why they swap 'em the other way.

Michael Yount said:
strtracer - there's a Mustang salvage yard here in K'ville that specializes in the 5.0L/Jeep swaps - does a bunch of them.

Its a fairly easy swap,plenty of room, adapter kits to mount the trans to the transfer case are available,shorty headers clear the frame, the hardest part is intagrating the injection harness with the jeep harness.