Dcc installed..up and running

my guess is you won't have any issues at at..thanks for all your info and assistance along the way, you've been a huge help!! Now lets hope things cool down a bit cause that dream cruise is only two weeks away and lifes no fun when it's too hot to be out. Wife just pointed out a correction...garage was 110 not 130 today.

• Sponsors (?)

DMAN302 said:
Actually did make it out today...120 with heat index :)eek: ) hell 100 in the shade. Took her out got in some heavy traffic, hell even parked her in the sun while talkin to a buddy for 10 or so minutes...the damn temp went DOWN!!! Seriously i never saw anything over 187 the whole time no matter what, I'm so pleased I can't even explain. I parked the car in the garage (wall thermometer screaming at 130!!) running to play a litte and the fan LED went full red for 3 minutes...never over 187 and then the damn LED went orange (fan running at less than max speed)...now if that ain't impressive for a $60 fan and DCC controller, I don't know what is.
Sweet...where did you purchase the efan for this price?

local auto body supply shop....just asked for a 94/95 3.0 liter replacement fan/shroud. What you get is the fan with the full shroud and same motor as the 3.8 liter tarus fans but instead the fan is only 6 blades. Cost me 62 bucks complete.

tmoss said:
I picked up my Mark VIII fan on ebay for $40 delivered - just have to watch closely, be patient and become a "sniper".
I seem to recall that you are (or were) an avid hunter Tom. That last remark made me a little scared. :D :cheers:

That's an awesome price. I think I'll be waiting till winter to find such a deal (this aint the season to be buying fans, I don't think).

I got mine off of eBay for 25+ shipping which came to %40.00 dollars total. It was that cheap because of of the mounting tabs were broken off. But those get hacked off anyway. :)

How did you guys with Mark VIII's attach them? They're smaller than the stock 5.0 shroud. I've seen tech docs that show people attaching them TO the radiator, how do you get away with this and not do nasty things to your shiny new aluminum radiator? (which I think I'm gonna buy myself for my birthday)

For mine I used aluminum straps attached to the shroud and hung on the radiatior and retained on the rad both sides top and bottom.
100_6239.jpg

Attachments

• 100_6239.jpg
    100_6239.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 49
yup..old rad was for test fit, perfect time to spend 100 bucks on a new 2 core from the autoparts store if your's has some time on it. Then reworked the stock shroud to accomodate the Efan and the overflow bottle, total time to install fan...1/2 hour, total time to install DCC controller...1 slow paced easy hour (90 degrees in there keeps ya slow movin)
100_6246.jpg

Attachments

• 100_6246.jpg
    100_6246.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 46
My Mark VIII shroud was almost the exact same size as the stock radiator. I pop riveted two small aluminum "L" brakets to the upper side to mount in the stock holes and used a cutoff wheel on the lower section to use the stock clips - it's mounted exactly like stock. I did mopunt it "upside down" to put the connector on the driver side which required me to move the overflow to the passenger side.

attachment.php

They all look great IMO..trust me digital pictures always look better than real life with polished aluminum it's not that clean anymore...but thanks!!! your's will look just as good.

My car has a tendancy to heat up VERY quickly when I'm messing around. Even while driving normally she usually reaches just above the 3/4 mark on the factory gauge. I'm sure most of the problem has to do with inadequite air flow. I have a stalker front bumper which restricts air flow more than the stock LX one ever did. I'm also missing the lower air dam, but I think if I swap my radiator, get the Mark VIII fan, replace the lower air dam, and get the DCC kit, I'll get rid of my cooling problems. Thanks for the install pics!