Did 96 GT's and up have standard keyless entry?

The reason I ask is becuase my 96 had an aftermarket POS alarm system in it so I pulled it out and I still need to hook the door locks back up under the dash where the alarm was...but I am curious bc I see Autozone now sells factory replacement remotes ( I dont have the original) and if my car was equipped with it I would be interested in getting a remote and saving my black paint from the horrible keys accidently hitting it...thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

Thats a negative...might have been an option but definitely not standard.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I think they may have had it...but mine for sure didnt come with one and wasnt used for a long time because there are key scratches everywhere from previous owners..

just checked the window sticker from my 96, it lists the power locks etc under standard equipment not under options but doesn't say anything about the keyless entry...which i did have when i bought it. But i can't remember what i did with the fobs, i had an alpine alarm with radar/motion detectors installed almost imediately. have to have a little extra protection here in jersey :rolleyes:

Rekokulous said:
So what is the easiest way to convert a '96 GT to a keyless entry? Is putting an aftermarket alarm the easiest route?

Possibly. I had a Viper alarm it was cool. But all of a sudden i go to start my car and nothing. Turns out its malfunctioned and wouldnt let my car start :(