Difference in 93 F150 5.0 to 89-93 mustang 5.0

Just as the title says..... my brother just bought the 93 F150 and wants todo upgrades. So basically what is the same and what is different........? Also can the air intake be changed to a fox style intake..... since I have a few of them hanging around? If not what is the best aproach to these F150's...... Any help would be greatly appreciated...... If there is lots of info on this site, what should I search for, I tried some different stuff but not much came up........or if another website is out there that deals with this stuff could one be recommended............Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i have a 92 F-150 with a 302 in it. I installed the comp cams c=computer controlled cam. since the f-150's are maps not mass air flow. I installed shortie headers. i have heard that mustang headers work but you have to modify the y-pipe a lot. i bought a bassani off road y-pipe and a flow master dual exhause cat back. basically it is a 2 1/2 off headers to a single 3 inch then to 1 muffler then a dual 2 1/2 out of muffler. The 302's are rollerized. and you can use a mustang intake you just have to plumb the air cleaner diferently. they both have e-7 heads. there are mass air flow conversion kits out there for these trucks. might be worth looking into if you want more cam.

So if I had everthing to switch to mass air including harness and computer (a9L) Intakes and cams that would all work for the conversion? Thanks for the help..... oh would a set of crane 1.7 rollar rockers (boltdown) work with the truck heads and pistions............?