Do convertibles look good with stripes?

Houstonnw

Oct 25, 2004
I'm an old fart (please refer to the break in thread) but the 1965 Shelby GT350 Mustang has always been my dream car. Considering that the new Mustang in white w/ blue stripes looks sooooo much like the GT350R, I'm thinking that I need a new toy! ;)

However I have a paid off Miata in the garage. Yes, no HP but really nice to drive on the 5-10 nice days we have in Houston.

I did some research and there were no 1966 Shelby GT350 convertibles in white w/ blue stripes.

In fact, do convertibles even look good with stripes? I'm asking the forum...

• Sponsors (?)

Houstonnw said:
I did some research and there were no 1966 Shelby GT350 convertibles in white w/ blue stripes.

In fact, do convertibles even look good with stripes? I'm asking the forum...

Actually there were 6 or 7 1966 GT350 convertibles made. I don't think they were sold to the general public. Caroll Shelby kept one for himself, gave one to his daugher, that kind of thing. It took some searching but I was able to find a picture of one with stripes. I think it looks great, hope it helps:
http://www.mustangspecs.com/carpics/66gt350conv1.gif

dont think it does

i dont think it looks tacky,, i like that picture of the white with blue stripes convertible,,,, very appealing,,, the 65 and 66 were terrific,, loved them

A fellow around the corner from me has a white shelby GT 350, it not a vert. But it is a very beautiful car, he never drives it. Every so often he pushes it out of his garage and cleans it. It is white with blue stripes and super clean, it looks brand new. It is truely a collectors item.

From one old fart to another. I know where your coming from. Although my opinon is if everyone is going to stripe the 05 Mustang, I'm not going to stripe mine. Houchhh, the wife just said, its her car her decision to make, I just have to keep it clean.

Anyway I think convertibles are better off without them.

Darkhorse845 said:
It's only a matter of preference! I think
verts with stripes would look horrible and
tacky but,to each his own. Anyway

Don't do it.. 05 stang is a Fastback [NOT COUPE ] [ stripes are great on Fastbacks ! ]

If FORD would have made the '05-'06 Vert to be More on Notch looking like they had in 65-68 it would look better, but not on a 05' like it is..

Ford should have knew better then to make a Ugly Vert.

bring back the 65-66 Vert. Look on 05'-06' stang and people would eat it up... But we have to deal with ford :bang:

Maybe we can get a coupe,hardtop model for 06-07 ???

I love fastbacks myself :D

:spot:

sweet~Low~93 said:
Don't do it.. 05 stang is a Fastback [NOT COUPE ] [ stripes are great on Fastbacks ! ]

I love fastbacks myself :D
:spot:

ALL Mustangs are coupes. Since the first '65. They never made a sedan. They have built convertible coupes, fastback coupes, and notchback coupes. Never a sedan or roadster. (Well, actually there were two roadsters. the '62 and a one-off '65)

I like fastback coupes, myself, but like convertibles better. That is why I have owned two 65 converts. Stripes look great on convertibles, too. But only when the top is down.... not so great with top up because of the break in the lines.

So how old do you have to be to be an old fart? I still have a lot of spring in my step.

I am also waiting for the 05 Vert and considering stripes. But I think I will leave off the side stripe. I don't know, my 2000 Vert has the side stripe on it and I guess I'm kind of tired of it. But my screensaver is a black 05 with wide gold stripes and it looks pretty cool. Yep, I think the stripes look good on a vert.

Just call me sonny.

65conv50 said:
ALL Mustangs are coupes. Since the first '65. They never made a sedan. They have built convertible coupes, fastback coupes, and notchback coupes. Never a sedan or roadster. (Well, actually there were two roadsters. the '62 and a one-off '65)

Do you know what your talking about ?

It's a Coupe or Fastback ONLY ...

Notch/ Coupe Model or Hatchback/Fastback Model ...

That's all...NO Coupe fastback like your saying..

You must be an old timer :shrug: