Do you love your 01 Cobra??

Hockeyd214

Jun 1, 2006
Hey Guys,

I am new to the site because I am in the process of buying a cobra/saleen. I found a 2001 Cobra with 22k miles, original owner, charcoal gray, only mod is CAI, and he is asking around 19k OBO in California. I am wondering, Do all you cobra owners love yours? Realistically, I love the look of a saleen, but I know how amazing the DOHC 32valve cobra blocks truly are. Let me know what you all think, any input is helpful.

Thank You

~Devin

• Sponsors (?)

I have owned lots of cars; vettes, srt-10 ram, transams, 300zx, camaros, other mustangs. Yet I still feel this is my favorite car yet. It handles good and rides good and has enough power to beat most of what you run into.

damn your car is everything i'd want on an 03. jesus, and it's black. too bad im in debt like 24k with this thing. i need to keep this car for about another year and a half then i can start looking. plus i'll be outta school and have a real job.

Friedchicken said:
Buy mine!

2003 cobra with the saleen S281-E appearance upgrade. :)

clicky

How much :D

I'm shopping around for some good 03-04's that are at a decent price range, if anyone knows any around.

As for staying on topic, I have a 99, and I occasionally have doubts whether or not I should have waited for a good 03/04 to come my way. But then again, 99 was a misfit year for Cobras...:) 2001 is a much better year for Cobras, though.

95 yellow 5 0 said:
the same, minus a T56, forged pistons and rods, saleen body kit and sick rims + all the bolt ons.

as soon as i get a real job i'll have an insane cobra.

A saleen body kit and rims on a cobra is stupid. You want a saleen get a saleen. Don't be a poser. All the t-56 is going to do is give you a little better gas mileage on the highway. If you ever decide you want more then 400 rwhp you can get a built short block or build your own. I didn't notice him say anything about any bolt ons.

You get a procharger and a set of 03 wheels for you car it will be faster and handle better then a stock 03-04. Thanks to the 300lbs less nose weight. You can get a nice set of 03 wheels and tires for 500-1000 bucks, procharger w/injectors and mass and tune for 4,350.

But hey you do what you want. :nice:

Wow MrCleanCoupe, I wish I knew that a 2001 Cobra + blower > 03 cobra with basic mods and a warantee. You need to get your head out of your tailpipe if you think that you can compare a modded used car that has depreciated vs a new stock car. Even with my mods hitting 450hp and keeping my warantee, you think that your 2001 cobra will stay trouble-free for the length of my 5-year powertrain warantee with a procharger pushing xx psi on factory guts? And you recommend $4500 to get a 2001 Cobra to 450+ hp on factory internals being a better idea then an 03 cobra with exhaust ($500) intake ($200) pulley ($100) and tune ($200)?

And I didn't realize that I could have just bought a real Saleen to begin with. Oh wait... maybe because they never MADE one for Canada in 2002. Big ASSumption labling someone a poser without knowing how they present their car. You'll never see me represent my car in person or my signature as anything other than a cobra.

Seriously, given the option of staying with a 2001 Cobra- with 03/04s on the street, keeping/buying an 01 is lunacy unless its the most car you can afford. Go for the 03/04 cobra before you buy a Saleen based off a 2001 GT. If you want the best of both, you can do the Saleen kit yourself and save a crap load of money even if you go for the complete exterior and don't cut corners.

There is nothing wrong with putting a Saleen kit on your car if it's not a V6, don't call it a Saleen and don't cut corners on the install/prep/paint.

Friedchicken said:
Wow MrCleanCoupe, I wish I knew that a 2001 Cobra + blower > 03 cobra with basic mods and a warantee. You need to get your head out of your tailpipe if you think that you can compare a modded used car that has depreciated vs a new stock car. Even with my mods hitting 450hp and keeping my warantee, you think that your 2001 cobra will stay trouble-free for the length of my 5-year powertrain warantee with a procharger pushing xx psi on factory guts? And you recommend $4500 to get a 2001 Cobra to 450+ hp on factory internals being a better idea then an 03 cobra with exhaust ($500) intake ($200) pulley ($100) and tune ($200)?

And I didn't realize that I could have just bought a real Saleen to begin with. Oh wait... maybe because they never MADE one for Canada in 2002. Big ASSumption labling someone a poser without knowing how they present their car. You'll never see me represent my car in person or my signature as anything other than a cobra.

Seriously, given the option of staying with a 2001 Cobra- with 03/04s on the street, keeping/buying an 01 is lunacy unless its the most car you can afford. Go for the 03/04 cobra before you buy a Saleen based off a 2001 GT. If you want the best of both, you can do the Saleen kit yourself and save a crap load of money even if you go for the complete exterior and don't cut corners.

There is nothing wrong with putting a Saleen kit on your car if it's not a V6, don't call it a Saleen and don't cut corners on the install/prep/paint.

Oh please. Don't give me that BS. Like anyone would honor a warranty if you did all that stuff. Your full of it and pissed because I am right. New car what the hell are you talking about? It's 2006. They are both used. Sound like you need to come out of terminator dream land and relize the truth. In fact kenne bell has a nice kit for 4700 that puts down 426 rwhp. Combine that with the less "nose weight" of an 01 and the higher revs and your little terminator has met the crusher. I can get a 01 cobra, built motor, a better blower, better clutch, new wheels, and better axles for less then the cost of a 03/04. Even if it was a hair more; it would still smoke the **** out a terminator.

Your car is a POSER its not a saleen. I don't care what you do to it. It will allways be a :puke: DISGRACED cobra. Get mad all you want, but the truth is the truth. It's your choice how to handle it.

Fried, your ride look's very nice but for me I prefer the look of the Cobra over the Saleen. Still bad ass.

MrClean, stock vs stock the 03/04 are faster and put equal money in and the 03/04 are still faster. I don't know about a terminator dream land but it sounds like to me you have terminator envy.

Tommy98016 said:
Fried, your ride look's very nice but for me I prefer the look of the Cobra over the Saleen. Still bad ass.

MrClean, stock vs stock the 03/04 are faster and put equal money in and the 03/04 are still faster. I don't know about a terminator dream land but it sounds like to me you have terminator envy.

Everything you said is correct, but if you READ the discussion its not about equal money into the cars. Its about TOTAL SPENT. Cost of car PLUS add-ons and a 2001 will be faster for the same amount of total money spent!

Yes I love my 01 cobra! If I wanted a 03/04 I would have bought one ;)

MrCleanCoupe said:
Everything you said is correct, but if you READ the discussion its not about equal money into the cars. Its about TOTAL SPENT. Cost of car PLUS add-ons and a 2001 will be faster for the same amount of total money spent!

Yes I love my 01 cobra! If I wanted a 03/04 I would have bought one ;)

Since I READ your discussion how about this, I go out and buy a $500 beater and mod it and smoke your ass in your 01. Remember total spent including the car right :D Your hole argument is gay. Just race what you got not what you can do to your car, what you want to do and how much you have into the car :rolleyes:

Tommy98016 said:
Since I READ your discussion how about this, I go out and buy a $500 beater and mod it and smoke your ass in your 01. Remember total spent including the car right :D Your hole argument is gay. Just race what you got not what you can do to your car, what you want to do and how much you have into the car :rolleyes:

Over sensitive people like you make me LOL. You get pissed off, like a little boy, because someone doesn’t agree with you and you can’t prove them wrong in a logical discussion. So you start acting childish and trying to twist the whole point of the conversation to make the other person look foolish.

It’s funny how all of your argument points have nothing to do with the discussion at hand, thus making your self look like an idiot who is just talking because he is bent out of shape and wants his “pride” back.

I never said “stock” 01’s are better stock then 03/04s. I just stated that it’s more cost affective to get a 01 and mod it. Plus it’s lighter and revs higher. All of which are true. If you can get a 01-04 COBRA for $500 by means tuff guy grab it up.

Do yourself a favor go buy a box of tissues, cry it off, and get back in the mix when you can handle it again. :nice:

MrCleanCoupe said:
Over sensitive people like you make me LOL. You get pissed off, like a little boy, because someone doesn’t agree with you and you can’t prove them wrong in a logical discussion. So you start acting childish and trying to twist the whole point of the conversation to make the other person look foolish.

Over sensitive & pissed off, yeah ok there buddy. I could care less about you and your 01. Now about acting childish and trying to make people look foolish, you need to reread the thread. Your the ass doing that. It's people like you that f up nice forums like this because either you didn't get love at home or you used to get beat up on the play grounds at school and this is your only way of being tuff.

MrCleanCoupe said:
It’s funny how all of your argument points have nothing to do with the discussion at hand, thus making your self look like an idiot who is just talking because he is bent out of shape and wants his “pride” back.

the orginal posters ? was "I am wondering, Do all you cobra owners love yours?" your the one who started w/ comments that did not relate to the discussion by saying a Saleen kit and wheels look stupid on a cobra and Fried's car is a poser.

MrCleanCoupe said:
I never said “stock” 01’s are better stock then 03/04s. I just stated that it’s more cost affective to get a 01 and mod it. Plus it’s lighter and revs higher. All of which are true. If you can get a 01-04 COBRA for $500 by means tuff guy grab it up.

with your argument then a 99 would be more cost affective then your 01. A 98 would be over a 99. A 97 over a 98. I'll say it again that's just gay. You can buy your cars based on cost affectivness. Not me I buy what I like whether it is cost affective or not.

MrCleanCoupe said:
Do yourself a favor go buy a box of tissues, cry it off, and get back in the mix when you can handle it again. :nice:

is this all you got? your boring me

A)It’s not me or my car you’re sensitive about and I wasn’t implying that. I didn’t personally attack your little poser buddy either. I just stated what I thought about the car to the person making the comment below. Being tuff? You just don’t understand how to deal with a confident person who speaks their mind. The only ass kicking going on when I was little was on bad tempered people like you not being able to handle me.

95 yellow 5 0 said:
the same, minus a T56, forged pistons and rods, saleen body kit and sick rims + all the bolt ons.

as soon as i get a real job i'll have an insane cobra.

B)Thank you for proving your over-sensitivity.

C)You’re correct. All those would be more cost efficient, but the guy above wasn’t interested in a 98. He wanted a 03/04 over his 99/01. Again there you go trying to twist the subject to benefit your pride.

D)LOL.

MrCleanCoupe said:
A)It’s not me or my car you’re sensitive about and I wasn’t implying that. I didn’t personally attack your little poser buddy either. I just stated what I thought about the car to the person making the comment below. Being tuff? You just don’t understand how to deal with a confident person who speaks their mind. The only ass kicking going on when I was little was on bad tempered people like you not being able to handle me.

I know fried like I know you, not at all.

It's funny how you think you know me so well, that I am over sensitive and bad tempered. You must have a crystal ball or something to have figured his out only after reading 3 post of mine.

There is nothing wrong w/being a confident person but you seem to be way past that, you are just arrogant. Get over yourself bud

MrCleanCoupe said:
B)Thank you for proving your over-sensitivity.

yeah ok :rolleyes:

MrCleanCoupe said:
C)You’re correct. All those would be more cost efficient, but the guy above wasn’t interested in a 98. He wanted a 03/04 over his 99/01. Again there you go trying to twist the subject to benefit your pride.

reread it, he does not have either a 01 or 03/04 he is looking at an 01 and I am not twisting anything. If anything it is your pride that your car and you are better then everyone else.

MrCleanCoupe said:

:sleep: