Does timiing still advance and retard in Open Loop??

Silvertooth

Jan 14, 2009
Tennessee
When I got my car it had the egr tube gone and the egr disconnected.It had an egr code.I did a search on the site and saw that some of you guys just block something up under the sensor to hold it about half way.I did this it worked great.Until ...........................

I put my Gt40P heads on and Trick flow stage one cam.Ever since then.I get an EGR code.I have tried different postions on the sensor and cannot get the light to stay off.
I also have a lean code.Which I need to weld up the passenger side header.I got it red hot and used a ball peen hammer to make clearance for the plug and I think I stretched the metal to much.And I have a leak at one spot.I am going to fix that first.

After about 5 minutes driving I get the engine light.I have been driving it like that.I was just wondering does it affect the timing,also what does the fuel trim look like in open loop on these cars?

The car does not have cats(no emission testing in my area),GT40P heads,Stage one cam,Everything else is stock.

• Sponsors (?)

Your EGR code problem sounds exactly like mine, Silvertooth. Mine wasn't working right, so a local shop unplugged the lines leading to and from it, and capped it off. After doing this it throws the CEL after driving about 5 minutes, just like yours. The only way I know of to get rid of the light is to get the block off plate and EGR simulator, or to have a custom chip burned for your car.