Door Hinge Pin Movement

Hey Guys,

I did the pin/bushing replacement several months ago and everything was fine. Now I've noticed that the pin/bushing rotates with the door meaning it's wearing the hinge and not just the bushings. Is there anything to fix it shy of replacing them again, you know, like bashing the dam thing with a hammer to seat the pin?

Thanks,
vann

• Sponsors (?)

Ocalafox said:
Hey Guys,

I did the pin/bushing replacement several months ago and everything was fine. Now I've noticed that the pin/bushing rotates with the door meaning it's wearing the hinge and not just the bushings. Is there anything to fix it shy of replacing them again, you know, like bashing the dam thing with a hammer to seat the pin?

Thanks,
vann

The important thing to remember is that the hinge pin isn't supposed to move once you are finished. If it does, then you will end up like me - the pin moved, it wore the door hinge instead of the replaceable bushings. Now in order to fix it right, I have remove the whole thing again and drill out the hinge to the same size as the bushing and use 2 sets of bushings in each hinge rather than one set.