Drove my Fox for the first time

JordanB21

Feb 6, 2012
Killeen, Texas
Like the title says, I drove it, even with the pushed back suspension. And compared to any car I've driven it scares the crap out of me, I'm all over the road in it, more so than when I drove my Uncle's classic mustang.

It was fun getting use to shifting though, getting out of first I'm doing great and out of 30 miles driven I only stalled out once because I didn't give it enough gas when releasing the clutch.

The car shifts well, nothing feels wrong with it, it doesn't over heat, and I've only invested 1500 in the car including the price of it.

On a side note, I have no idea if I'm keeping it. My cousin wants to buy it and if I sell it to him I'd profit and have enough for a full top end kit for my 95 and end with one faster car rather than two stockish cars. Downside is my 95 is an automatic and not a Cobra;)

And I can't justify selling my 95 since I love the body style and would only do it to trade up for a standard/cobra. ;( On top of that the car has been with my family for 12 years.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, maybe fox bodies aren't for you. Most of us fox guys don't like the sn style at all, that's why we stuck with our boxy stangs. Sounds like you're more the sn type. I say sell the fox and fix a car that your heart is in

Well, maybe fox bodies aren't for you. Most of us fox guys don't like the sn style at all, that's why we stuck with our boxy stangs. Sounds like you're more the sn type. I say sell the fox and fix a car that your heart is in
There's a list of pros and cons to these cars (fox vs. sn95). My biggest pros for fox is the weight which is a con for sn95. I feel obligated to have a drag car if I go with the foxbody, while the sn95 is more of a creature comfort. I do love the sn95 more than the fox, but both body styles are great (I even like Mustang II body styles, I only hate new edges).

It just kills me know I could have say a 13 second fox or a 14 second sn95.

sounds like you had fun in the 92.
how much is a 5 spd conv for a 95? maybe sell the 92 and use the cash for a 5 spd swap.
don't sell your 95 if you are attached to it... you WILL regret it.
My other large fear is regretting selling the 95, given our. say history. All the road trips I remember, my brother and sister fighting for leg room in the cramped back seat and my mom speeding around in it every time she got pissed at my dad. Lol fun stuff. :p

Another down side though to my sn95 is all the abuse that my parentals put it through. Transmission needed to be rebuilt, dents, crashes, this and that, second engine it's on.

A t-5 swap is about 650-800 do it yourself, 1500 have it a shop do it.

I know I'm in the fox forum but my dream mustang is a sn95 5.0 cobra Rio Red or Black with black interior, standard. Along with some choice supporting mods;)
(These are quite hard to come by on craigslist).

So it all comes down to, weight, money, and car quality.

My biggest pros for fox is the weight which is a con for sn95.

I feel obligated to have a drag car if I go with the foxbody

It just kills me know I could have say a 13 second fox or a 14 second sn95

A t-5 swap is about 650-800 do it yourself, 1500 have it a shop do it.

So it all comes down to, weight, money, and car quality.
Foxes weigh less, but with the level you're at and what you're looking for in a car, the weight difference is irrelivant. So that's 1 for the SN95

Foxes make great street cars. But that depends on your mechanical ability and tolerance level. There's a big gap between them and the updated SN95.
2-0 Sn95.

Again, irrelevant. Both cars are capable of being equally fast. Mechanical ability. Tolerance.

These costs are way off mark. The shop price may be right, but if you're wanting to have a shop built car, than you'll need to get used to being ripped off anyways.

It sounds to me like you already know which car to keep.

Foxes weigh less, but with the level you're at and what you're looking for in a car, the weight difference is irrelivant. So that's 1 for the SN95

Foxes make great street cars. But that depends on your mechanical ability and tolerance level. There's a big gap between them and the updated SN95.
2-0 Sn95.

Again, irrelevant. Both cars are capable of being equally fast. Mechanical ability. Tolerance.

These costs are way off mark. The shop price may be right, but if you're wanting to have a shop built car, than you'll need to get used to being ripped off anyways.

It sounds to me like you already know which car to keep.
I'm more into doing it myself, I can't afford shop work (high schooler w/high school wage). The foxbody has been kind to me in working on it, mostly electrical issues. I've done a lot for it considering my ability.

If I do sell it, I'm not done with Foxbodys (I've got many years left to go), that's for sure. I love the interior of the foxbody too much, just this 92 isn't quite what I want out of a fox. It's more about the 5.0 motor that I like about these cars. I have friends that will look at a 4.6 sn95 and say nothing, but my 5.0 sn95 is the :poo: because it's a 5.0. People appreciate them more.

Then there's also my 1970 grande that I need like 300 to get running. So that would be pretty great to drive a classic.