Electric Fan Overheating

BlueHatch92

Jun 27, 2006
MO
Hey all,

I had a Flexalite 185 fan I installed in a fairly stock 5.0, it was overheating to point I had turn the car off. Since, I have tried the fan as a pusher, and a puller and with the relay kicking on at 90 degrees, tried to burp the radiator, flushed the radiator. Evenetually I put the stock clutch fan back on and the temp was back to normal with no overheating issues. Anyone have a clue as to what might be the issue? Is there a possability that the clutch fan has worn the water pump to run a certain way that it will only cool correctly with the clutch fan on? I'm grasping at straws here. :shrug: The rating on the fan is suppose to be 3300 cfm. Which should be more than plenty.

• Sponsors (?)

From what you said, it sure seems like it's an issue with the E-fan's ability to pull enough air. Being sure it's sealed against the coil and has enough surface area to cover the radiator is helpful.

Also make sure it's coming on 100% and staying on (if you used a circuit breaker, make sure it's not kicking out after some run time).

Good luck.