Estimated Times?

MAC'n89Blckstng

Jun 11, 2003
NJ
My brothers getting 3.55 gears soon, what do you think we will run with these mods. Cold Air, Bassani O/R x-pipe, poly bushings in the rear and tranny cross member :shrug: (if they do anything and 3 chamber flows. He previosly ran 15.0 with his 2:73's. Im thinking he'll hit 14.3 if he gets good traction.
Thanks,
Jesse

• Sponsors (?)

MAC'n89Blckstng said:
My brothers getting 3.55 gears soon, what do you think we will run with these mods. Cold Air, Bassani O/R x-pipe, poly bushings in the rear and tranny cross member :shrug: (if they do anything and 3 chamber flows. He previosly ran 15.0 with his 2:73's. Im thinking he'll hit 14.3 if he gets good traction.
Thanks,
Jesse
WHen i had those mods i could only muster a 4.6@97 :nonono:
i dumped the 3.55's and get 3.73's :hail2:

Well, I was shifting at 5800 when I had the stock 2.73's. The problem was that the rev's dropped so damn much with those gears, it seemed that it was necissary to stay in my powerband.

Granted I didnt powershift, I was still running 13.0-14.1's with the o/r h-pipe being my only mod, You see how huge of a difference that is. Your bro's running 15.0's...a whole second slower. If he is a decent driver...there is something definatley wrong with that pony.

Altitude always changes things up a bit, we're up high so maybe thats affecting performance and I'm near NYC so maybe the air just sucks around here. I only see mustangs running high 14's around here with the mods that my brother has.

every track is different you cant compare really. been to the track when LS1's were trapping 99-102, been to the track when they trap 104-107. also stock 5.0s were runnin about 90mph on the slower track and then 95-96 on the faster track. both tracks with similar elevation (zero) and weather.

BTW, 5800 is way too high, but I can see it helping with 2.73's though. I found my best times and MPH's at about 5100 rpm.